7 day x 30min Cardio Challenge!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are normal for me....doing the "thing" at the gym most days...still hovering 5 pounds above the goal weight...still fit into the "dress" and with 65 days to go, that's probably a good thing.

(wife slumps her sorry *** into the room and burps)

:happywave and im back guys... a solid week of stuffing my face while enjoying my dive trip - evil desserts every night (choc choc choc mouse cake one night!!)

i was going to take this week off trianing but i have to start so back asap and will call the trainer tomorrow to tell him im back!

I'll just announce that I'm taking some time off. Too much going on in life to care about food. Quite frankly, I haven't had time to eat whatever I felt like for a while and I'm due.

Ahh summer is hear ( in the US at least) and everyone is busy! I have been riding my motorcycle a lot. I have been doing my 30 minutes of cardio everyday. Yesterday I got the treadmill up to an 8.0 incline. I had a really rough workout right before my cardio time so I started out slow and got the speed up over time. I also have added kickbacks to my 5 minutes on the stairstepper prior to my trainer workouts.

Hey folks!
I'm trying to be a fitness buff/body beautiful, which is really hard when you're a compulsive overeater! But I'm doing it!! I'm 50 pounds down from my top weight, and just bought new clothing 3 weeks ago! I can now proudly fit into Levi's size 10 petite jeans! I also bought a new dress than happens to be a size 8!! Woohoo!! I was a size 22.

And now that I'm diving, I'm even more committed. One thing I do is at my lunch break walk good and hard and fast for 15 minutes out, and ergo 15 mins back,. I can now cover 2 miles in half an hour.

My diving instructor has us swim laps wearing an 8 lb wt belt a various intervals during class. I think we swim 1/3 to 1/2 mile each class, when all is said and done.

Besides that, I do an interval training DVD from TTapp.com (the gal, Theresa Tapp, trains models) and I use two 12lb free weights for weight training. I alternate these every other day. To cover the food end of things, I joined Overeaters Anonymous, because it's free. And WOW is it effective!! (I gained weight on Weight Watchers!)

How are you guys doing it?

:) - Wngdwolf

Last edited:
Come On! You have previously made a commitment to a life change! You don't "deserve" to "take time off". You deserve to keep on with the life change that brings with it a more fit, happier person!

When this thread started it was pointed at making a major life change in people. Don't anyone wuss out now. A life change means putting things behind that shall always tempt but never be succumbed to.

If this frail old man can do it; You Can Too!!!

As for me:
Since March: Down 20 pounds, bike speed up 46%, able to ride 25 miles with no big effort, blood pressure down, able to ride a bike up hills in the middle and largest sprockets instead of the smallest one. Able to do 6 sets of 12 squats with 185 pounds.

Diving? Oh yes, diving. What is that? Due to business affairs and incessant rain I haven't been in the water since a dozen in January. But my time is coming!!!

welcome wngdwolf - you sound amazing!! im a overeater myself, dont need an excuse but stress doesnt help so you are inspiring!!

Ms Darilyn... i think its ok to have a splurge day but dont leave us all together! take it from me, its too easy to slip back completely so you take care of what you have to and i'll be waiting for you!

me? this morning i hauled my *** out of a warm bed for a cold and icy 6.15am kickboxing session so another day done!

day 2 of eating better also - i went whole hog while away but need to refocus as christmas is just around the corner and i have 3 months to fit into a dress!!

Come On! You have previously made a commitment to a life change! You don't "deserve" to "take time off". You deserve to keep on with the life change that brings with it a more fit, happier person!

When this thread started it was pointed at making a major life change in people. Don't anyone wuss out now. A life change means putting things behind that shall always tempt but never be succumbed to.

If this frail old man can do it; You Can Too!!!

So glad you saved me typing this!! If the changes we are making aren't long term, day in and day out changes, then they ultimately won't work. Short term goals are nice, but fleeting and a bit of a cop-out so remember that you're in it for the long haul and that means life's ups and downs and busy times and all of that - it's about the whole picture, not about the bag of candy bars you ate at the movies one night!

Hey folks!

And now that I'm diving, I'm even more committed.

:) - Wngdwolf

You rock!! Well done :)

Hubby is home finally and I'm back to eating much better than I was while on holidays. It's nice to have easy access to fresh fruit and veg, though our fruit is painfully bad at the moment. And our veggie prices are freaking out of this world - I tried to buy celery today but it was $6 for a bunch!!! What's with that??

I've been hitting the beach for some strolling with the dogs. They're loving it!
CIMG2410.jpg

i hear you alcina!! i paid $4 for a bunch of spinach yesterday - i can only guess how much mangoes are going to cost this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom