7/5mm Henderson Hyperstretch AGE?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Harley1962

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Can anybody please inform me as to WHAT year Henderson stopped producing the Hyperstretch Titanium in a "combo" 7/5MM....? They only produce single thickness suits these days in that model (3mm, 5mm, and 7mm)

I may have a "deal" on one (still brand new), but would like to know what it's vintage might be in terms of years.

As a "poor" Instructor, I've never been able to afford such a "high-end" suit, but heard they are incredibly comfortable and easy to don/doff....BUT that they tend to "catch" on loose velcro pieces and "pile" in little balls due to friction...also heard they seem to wear out (compress) more easily due to the characteristics of the Hyperstretch material?

ALL true?

Thanks in advance,
HB

I've heard the same thing, as well as they're more susceptible to damage from heat.

All this being said, I just ordered a 5mm Hyperstretch today, to replace a 5mm I tore up on a dive yesterday (because it *wasn't* stretchy enough).

Just means to be a bit more attentive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom