7/12 Wednesday, Night Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't been there so I can't say, but I would say that the Japanese reef is a bit far away to do it in connection with the YO...you can only do Wings on a day were there is absolutely 0 current - and that is pushing it. You swim out and back and that is about all you can do.

justleesa:
I haven't been there so I can't say, but I would say that the Japanese reef is a bit far away to do it in connection with the YO...you can only do Wings on a day were there is absolutely 0 current - and that is pushing it. You swim out and back and that is about all you can do.

I was just wondering why no one does it as a dive? I can't find hardly anything about Pyramids except this:
"Damaged concrete pipes have been used for artificial reef construction in Hawaii. The pipes varied from less than 0.3 m to as much as 2 m in diameter and from 0.3 to 4 meters in length. Many tons of concrete pipes have been placed on the flat and sandy bottom in 23 m of water off the western coast of Oahu. Standing fish crop estimates were 5-10 times higher than the pre-reef counts. Juvenile fish grew to maturity on the reef, indicating that productivity can be improved for more sedentary species."

I also found another article saying it was 12 years old. Sounds like it would be an interesting dive if anyone knows the exact location.

The Japanese Reef seems even harder to track down information about.

yeah, people want to dive the wrecks and I don't think there is a mooring at the other place...when I get the my new job and have Saturdays off we might charter another boat and go for it. I'll be back in town in a week, I'll see what I can do

Back
Top Bottom