7/02- Friday PM and 7/03-Saturday Am

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why sure, what form would you like it in?:D

I refuse to answer that in keeping with the family nature of this board.

Snip:
Scuba_Jenny:
Chuck is right about the octopus, 'cept I would put him at closer to 8".
Just like a women...size size size. ;-)

Just wanted to add my two psi- Friday night was a great dive! It was great meeting Chuck & Yorka & fun being along for Melissa's first night dive. I noticed that it didn't stop her from playing lots of tricks on her poor unsuspecting dad.... :wink:

There's not much to add, except that the Seatech ledge (south end of Dania pier parking lot) is a bit of a swim out, but had some nice life. I buddied with Joe, and it was a great experience. Viz nearshore wasn't too great, and Jenny, Chuck, Joe and I got separated from Chris, Rebecca, Trish and Doug. Loved that little brittle star - it was a friendly little beast. Saw a small goldentail moray, found one of those fat sand dollars working its way into the sand and had a chance to see one alive for a change.

It was great finally meeting Chuck, Joe and Trish, as well as Doug, a friend of Chris and Rebecca's from out of town.

That was dive 99 for me, so I took the family out on Monday morning to do number 100 with my wife out at Datura early in the morning. A nice little dive, with the kids freediving to the cannons and a little bit of life (surgeons, a scrawled triggerfish, a few grunts).

Oooops, work calls...

GrierHPharmD:
That was dive 99 for me, so I took the family out on Monday morning to do number 100 with my wife out at Datura early in the morning. A nice little dive, with the kids freediving to the cannons and a little bit of life (surgeons, a scrawled triggerfish, a few grunts).

Oooops, work calls...

Woohoo!! Congrats Grier!! I had another friend hit dive 100 this weekend. If I had kept up my log book last year, I'd probably be in that range but unfortunately... :11: Ah well- dive 78 logged on Sunday.

Oh, Marvel, you're just being polite! I bet you'd be way past me if you'd kept up that log. Of course, if you want to get some more dives logged, you could twist my arm to be your buddy...

BTW, I think I saw you on the beach yesterday morning. I was out snorkeling with my son near the bouy, but just a little too far to be sure if it was you. I'll be sure to call in advance next time we're up there and introduce my guys properly.

Not too much to add except it was lovely FINALLY meeting Trish and she's a S-L-O-W diver like Chris and I, so it was good to not feel like I was dragging her with me. We saw a bunch of stuff I don't normally see b/c I'm zooming along. I also am getting learned on Jenny's secrets to breathing. I logged 54 minutes and had a little over 2000 PSI left in my tank. Chris and Doug stayed out while Trish and I headed in. My ankle is still weak, so an hour in the water was enough for me. I always write in my log book "the coolest thing" I saw and on this dive I'd have to say it was the shrimp making his home. He was poking his head out and grabbing sand and rocks. Pretty neato! As always, it was a pleasure diving with everyone. Sorry I was being unsocial, I've been having those kind of days lately. I think I'm a little homesick. It's prime diving weather up North right now and I miss my old buddies. Don't miss the big-ass wetsuits or the cold water. Next time we get together we should plan lunch or something!
CONGRATS Grier! What an accomplishment! I need to get caught up on logging my dives.

Thanks Rebecca. BTW, I didn't mean to get separated from you guys. Just get a little carried away swimming sometimes.

Your post reminded me that I had a personal best on that dive - it was my longest dive to date at 117 minutes! (Using a steel 100, not an aluminum 80!) Like you, I guess the endurance thing is wearing off on me a bit. The surface swims seem to be getting a little easier, too. So much to learn, so many places where a little improvement makes the dive much smoother!

See you guys soon,
Grier

Yeah, I think things are getting easier for me too. I was afraid that after moving here and all the hub-bub, I wasn't going to get used to beach diving and you know I'm BROKE and can't afford to boat dive every weekend, so I'm happy that I've learned a few things and I'm getting more comfy on these adventures!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom