60' poor viz vs. 100' good viz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seadoggirl:
I'm a warm water girl and can't imagine what you guys in the Great Lakes go through. I would love to have the experience of cold water but I got to tell ya, I'm chicken when it comes to that COLD!

To each, one's own. Cold, dark, deep- no problem, but I get anxious in really clear water and I'm scared of fish. :D

Are you scared of ALL fish or just large big teeth mean fish? HA!

I love clear :) Mid-Summer, when the St. Lawrence is pea soup, cruising at 85' is pretty different.

Oh man, I'd KILL for that kind of viz at my "home" quarry!

Let's see...0 to about 30 feet probably about 20-30 foot viz...30-60 maybe about 5 feet of viz (yow!) then below 60 feet back to the 20-30 foot viz! (the "accidenta/on purpose" night dive was interesting in adn OF itself! hahaha!)

I dove Dutch Springs two weeks ago, and besides the fact that the temps on average were about 55 degrees, the viz was like diving the Keys!

I would LOVE 60' viz!

Viz at Dutch has gotten a lot better over the years. At least if you're the first in the water. It can get pretty kicked up by the students.

do it easy:
I don't have problems with the little ones, but when they are about as big as I am or swim around with their gaping mouth wide open, they certainly get my attention.

Come on Tony...I wanna take you in "Tom's Shark Garage"

pir8:
Viz at Dutch has gotten a lot better over the years. At least if you're the first in the water. It can get pretty kicked up by the students.

I've heard that it can be really great... the people I dove with 2 weeks ago said it was decent at best (for Dutch).

Pir8 do you ever get up to Bainridge? That's my "home" quarry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom