6 Weeks Philippines Mid-May Onward

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@TimEllis
S-Pass is the easy part but not the TCP which is a lot more complicated especially if you have to travel to "restricted" area. If you need to pass through "restricted " area you probably will need TPP! Therefore you really need to know where and when you are going. It is NOT that simple.
Cebu City and Tagbilaran(Bohol): Restricted
Moalboal and Dumaguete: Unrestricted

Get the 59 days visa in US first to avoid all the red tape and time wasting in the country.

How about a side trip to other country and then return to the country for the return leg to go home?

Thanks for this information! I applied just now for a couple of TCPs. I will update on how it goes once the permit is approved or denied.

Good idea to include Dumaguete / Dauin in your plans. The diving at Apo Island is easy enough for novices — we took our first OW course there.

I was about to suggest a side trip Cebu -Bali if you had to break up the Philippines into two chunks, but that direct flight does not seem to be operating any more. Better to get the 59 day visa in advance.

@Centrals gives good advice regarding obtaining a 59 day visa ahead of time, from one of the PH Embassies in the US, either San Francisco or Chicago. There is currently some confusion regarding Entry Exemption Documents (EED), which is one of the current barriers of the actual issuance of a 9a visa (as opposed to the visa waiver, which is granted upon entry). Though it does appear that the EED requirement is quickly dissolving.

Edit to add: While I definitely get where you're coming from (my initial visits here were one month, two month, then six), considering how the reaction to the pandemic has dragged on here, I think your plan of 6 weeks is a bit ambitious for the gov't's current stance..... I sincerely hope that changes rapidly (and could at this point), and that all of our back and forth here is for naught. I want the Philippines to return to old normal, not new normal, as soon as yesterday...... Day to day life is pretty normal at this point, but the gov't is causing havoc for foreigners and international couples right now, not to mention the confusions regarding tourism, its procedures, and who can and cannot enter the country.....

.. I sincerely hope that changes rapidly (and could at this point), and that all of our back and forth here is for naught. I want the Philippines to return to old normal, not new normal, as soon as yesterday...... Day to day life is pretty normal at this point, but the gov't is causing havoc for foreigners and international couples right now, not to mention the confusions regarding tourism, its procedures, and who can and cannot enter the country.....
It just does not make any sense at all.
Only about 60% of the population is fully vaccinated so what is the risk of allowing fully vaccinated tourist to enter without too much restriction?
Make every tourist to purchase covid insurance on arrival. I am sure Duterte can suggest few of them.

I am applying for the 59-day visa via the Chicago consulate. If that doesn't work out, plan B is to fly to Singapore and back for visa-on-arrival renewal as needed.

The 59 day visa is your best option.
Neither PAL nor 5J(Cebu Pacific) offers direct flight from Cebu to SIN in May. 5J fare is a lot cheaper though.

Good luck with your visa application.

It just does not make any sense at all.
Only about 60% of the population is fully vaccinated so what is the risk of allowing fully vaccinated tourist to enter without too much restriction?
Make every tourist to purchase covid insurance on arrival. I am sure Duterte can suggest few of them.
Exactly..no sense. Especially having different immigration offices making up their own rules and some not allowing a stay longer than 30 days. I mean, what difference would it make if a tourist stayed 30 days or the full three years ? There is a lot of confusion which is only hurting tourism and the desperately needed income that comes from it.

Rather than a trip to SIN, the OP just needs to double check with Cebu Immigration and if they are not issuing extensions, then take a quick trip to AC and renew there. He can get a round trip from Cebu daily to Clark.

I hope Cebu airport will be fully repaired soon so proper operation can be resumed!
There is only one International flight today to Seoul.
BTW, SQ serves Cebu and SIN but the fare is quite steep.

I am taking Singapore Airlines there. Yeah the fares are high but obtainable with Chase rewards points. I had no idea there was a problem with the airport. S-Passes came through just fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom