6 Weeks Philippines Mid-May Onward

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am taking Singapore Airlines there. Yeah the fares are high but obtainable with Chase rewards points. I had no idea there was a problem with the airport. S-Passes came through just fine.
1. That will solve the visa issue if the 59 days visa application hits some obstacle.
2. The airport was damaged by typhoon last Dec.
3. S-Pass is easy. It is the TCP which required to travel into "restricted" area. You can start planning the trip from your S-Pass to see what kind of document needed.

Sorry I misspoke in my prior post. What I meant to say is that my TCPs, for which I applied through the S-Pass site, came through just fine for two "restricted" areas. Also, Centrals, can you please clarify regarding #1 in your response above, what will take care of the visa issue?

We were in completely wrong frequency on the matter.
I thought you were willing to take a quick but expensive side trip to SIN and then return to Cebu.
LOL.

A long journey from Nabraska to NYC, SIN and Cebu.
I do not think you can use your Chase points on PAL from NYC/LA/SAF?

We were in completely wrong frequency on the matter.
I thought you were willing to take a quick but expensive side trip to SIN and then return to Cebu.
LOL.

A long journey from Nabraska to NYC, SIN and Cebu.
I do not think you can use your Chase points on PAL from NYC/LA/SAF?
Well I'll be in the NYC-vicinity just before the trip starts, to visit family. So it's not quite as long. I'm a college professor with summers off, so I have the time for this type of journey. No I don't think the points can be transferred to PAL, but Singapore Airlines is fine for me.

I just want to post this as an FYI for everyone here. I followed advice on this board and sent my passport to the Philippines consulate in Chicago to apply for a 59-day visa. I just received a call from the consulate staff indicating that I could only get a visa in advance if I had family in the Philippines or was going on business. Neither is my purpose, as I'm just going as a tourist. So I'm receiving back my passport (and money order) with no visa. No big deal except l wasted some postage ($27 or so) and also time on this. I was advised to get a visa on arrival and extend it in Cebu by the consulate staff. I suppose this reflects new policies in light of the COVID pandemic.

Pity but at least you had given your best shot.
You really need to prepare for the worst if extension of visa is NOT allowed in Cebu.

Pity but at least you had given your best shot.
You really need to prepare for the worst if extension of visa is NOT allowed in Cebu.
My plan now is to go to Indonesia for the last two weeks if the extension falls through.

My plan now is to go to Indonesia for the last two weeks if the extension falls through.
Please check the flight out from Cebu for the next 2 months. The airport is still under repaired from the damage by typhoon last yr.
You might have to fly to Manila first to make your connection to Indonesia.

It seems there is no flight to Bali until Jul and Jakarka is the only choice!

Back
Top Bottom