6/27/09 7th Annual Venice Beach and Birthday Dive Bash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You ask, I deliver:

SATURDAY...SOUTHWEST WINDS AROUND 10 KNOTS. SEAS 2 TO 3 FEET. BAY AND INLAND WATERS A LIGHT CHOP. ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.

I can never remember--wind forecasts are "winds from the direction of" or "in the direction of"?
(Blowing towards or blowing from?)

Thanks Krista! SW winds indicates that they will be blowing FROM the west. Great for east coast flat seas, not so great for Venice diving. :shakehead: But, no worries! We're going to have fun first and foremost, right? :D

Jamie, I trust you will make the right call on whether your boat goes out or not. If it goes out, we will dive! Ok, some of us will! LOL. Regardless, you ARE coming ashore this time for food and stuff. RIGHT??? :D

Doesn't sound like a chamber of commerce day for diving. I was planning on bringing the zodiac to shuttle people out for shore dives but I may just leave it at home. If the winds are still gusting it isn't exactly ideal in big waves. Oh well, the pressures on Jamie............:eyebrow:

There is also an open spot on the 8:00 boat... if we go..First one to the beach gets it!
I still plan on diving and hanging out, regardless of weather. Whoo whooo! On my way west in under an hour!

You can make that two spots on the 8am boat. I was planning on getting out at noon but as usual around here, it's friday afternoon and all kinds of stuff popping up. It looks iffy diving wise, I think I'm going to pass and get some projects done this weekend, next weekend starts my diving vacation.

I'll still dive. The worst thing that happens is we have to cut it short. Now I just need Jamie to life the curse he put on me a couple weeks ago. I'm not kidding either. I was giving him a hard time between dives and he "jokingly" put a curse on me. The next dive I had two seperate and unrelated problems with an almost new regulator which caused me to go back to the boat 3 times on the same dive to fix it. I apologized (or at least I meant to) so hopefully I am back in his good graces. I've decided he may be some sort of witch doctor but I think it helps him find teeth so I'm fine with it.

just got back from beach winds gusting to almost 20 knts, water is chocolate color has been enitre week of west winds Vis is "O" going to be like this untill next week.
I canceled my trips for entire weekend sorry no boat trip this weekend. heres a few pics which do no justice to how windy it is out there, I took with phone camera.. Better for surfing then diving this weekend, needs to be a beach party bring the horse shoes.

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 39
  • weather 1.jpg
    weather 1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 39
  • weather 2.jpg
    weather 2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 34
just got back from beach winds gusting to almost 20 knts, water is chocolate color has been enitre week of west winds Vis is "O" going to be like this untill next week.
I canceled my trips for entire weekend sorry no boat trip this weekend. heres a few pics which do no justice to how windy it is out there, I took with phone camera.. Better for surfing then diving this weekend, needs to be a beach party bring the horse shoes.

How does monday look?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom