5th Annual Cajun Invasion - Key Largo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The countdown has begun! Next week the Cajuns will be invading Key Largo again :)

The gumbo will be ready soon :stirpot: Get ready for a Bon Temps (good time!) Rainbow Reef Dive Center...here we come :p

Ongoing trip report to follow :drunks:

I had all the best intentions of keeping up to date with trip reports while in Key Largo, but alas...the Cajuns were just a little too busy! A couple of days of sporty seas kept us out of the water, but that didn't slow us down a bit :) We enjoyed the 4 days of diving we got to experience, and a few other extra-curricular activities to boot!

We just got home after a 2 day drive, so the pictures/videos are in the works. I'll be posting soon.

Our network of buddies in Key Largo continues to grow, and the place is feeling more and more like home. Wednesday afternoon, we were swimming along on Molasses Reef when I heard a very persistent rattling going on. Our guides were using tank bangers, so I knew it couldn't be them. Still...this persistent rattle. I looked at the guy making all the noise, and it was none other than @reefman! When I finally realized who was making the noise, I swam over to give him a big hug and then another diver swam up and shook my hand...none other than Mr. Stephen Frink himself, who was busy conducting his master class the same week as our Cajun Invasion. These two guys are something else. I suspect diving the Roatan Aggressor with the two of them in September is going to be some kind of fun :yeahbaby:

We adopted yet another ScubaBoard member into our Cajun "Family" this week. @Jason and his lovely bride Shannon came to check out Key Largo for a few days. They didn't experience the best of conditions, but they did manage to get a bit of diving accomplished, and most importantly they managed to inherit a great family of divers who look forward to a lifelong relationship with them...what amazing folks they are!

For tonight, I will blissfully drift off to sleep with pleasant dreams of the great time we had over the past week. Hopefully tomorrow at least SOME of the proof will be processed :wink:

Until then...

Like I said, when I started this year I never would have imagined that I would end up a Cajun. But here I am. :D

Thanks for taking us in and showing us such amazing hospitality. The winds (and subsequent seas) were not friendly, but you folks sure were.

It was great to meet you as well, @reefman. I can't wait to make it back to Key Largo.

The Diva and her newly adopted Cajun Scuba Son Jason!
Jackie and Jason 2.jpg

Here are a few more images from our dive days:

300 Dives.jpg Gayle celebrating her 300th dive

Amy.jpg Amy celebrating her 50th dive

Atlantic Spade Fish and Nassau Grouper.jpg Brian and Paxton.jpg Group Diving.jpg Jackie and Bubba.jpg Jason and Jimmy.jpg Moray 2.jpg Nassau Grouper.jpg

More later...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom