50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Home: Hilo, Hawaii
Dive location: Big Island of Hawaii, mainly shore dives
Dive Shop: Nautilus Dive Center, Hilo
Original certifcation: PADI - 1976
Current Certification: PADI - AOW 2007 (did it for fun with my kids last year... and no, I didn't learn anything new... :D )

Home: originally Louisville, KY, now Georgetown, IN
Dive location: mainly Caribbean so far but looking forward to the Pacific
Dive Shop: Seaweed Diver, New Albany, IN
Original certifcation: PADI OW 3/06
Current Certification: plus EAN 2/08

Age? 51
Where do you live? Upstate, South Carolina
Where do you dive? Lake Jocassee & Caribbean
Favorite dive shop? Bermuda Triangle, Greenville, SC
Current certification? Divemaster, working on Instructor IDC.

54 and just getting back into the after a VERY long surface interval.
In the past:
FL Keys
Cosamal
Belieze
Doing a refresh shortly and upgrading all of my equipment. Wife just declared that she wants to learn so there goes the bank account!!! LOL!!!
Glad to see so many of us still going strong and going down!!

Butch

Age 55
From UK, but living in Dubai, UAE
Where do you dive? Most weekends in Dubai and/or Musandam (Oman)
Favorite dive shop? Scuba Dubai
Current certification? Rescue.

Age 56. Got back into diving three years ago...

Live in Illinois...
Where do I dive? Mostly dive lakes, ponds and quarries. LOVE Bonaire... and the Keys.
Favorite Dive shop... Home = Deep Blue Adventure
Away = Diver's Direct on Islamorada
Orignal Cert: NASDS Scuba Diver - 1970
Current certification: Divemaster... (the ink just dried last week...)

Getting ready to get my Ice Dive Cert this winter and EFR Instructor... step after that... Assistant Instructor...

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

This thread is about Grumpy Old Divers, not politics. Political garbage thrown out. If you want to discuss politics we have plenty of room over in the non-diving related areas.

Thread temporarily closed... I'll reopen it after y'all have all had time to read the above MOD note, or after the election, whichever comes first.
Rick

Thread reopened.
NO POLITICS
Rick

Sorry, don't know how to get that cute little "quote" box to appear at the top of the reply yet. So here goes....

Where do you live? Rancho Palos Verdes, CA (Torrance, Redondo Beach area)
Where do you dive? So Cal - so far
Favorite dive shop? Pacific Wilderness in San Pedro - Elena is RELLY helpful
Current certification? PADI - NAUI in 1971 but there stone tablets don't go back that far.

Just getting back into this after 25+ years on dry land. Forgot how great a great day of diving was. But I also forgot how bad a rocky entry can be after a storm.... Won't do that again.

Anyway with all the pages on this tread I'm probably just taking up space. Hope to meet and greet some of you in the water sometime.

Oh ya I'm 55 and now get a dollar off at the movies and Denny's - Whoo Hoo

Rich

Oh you children! 69. Got certified at 50. Was on a Grand Cayman trip some years ago, and I thought I was the eldest. But one 74 year old lady was along with her older sister. And no, I didn't ask.
By the way, was planning on dives off Dominica in January on a cruise, but the shop the boat is using has a cut off at 65. Anyone ever heard of this? I don't think it is a boat rule since I am booked on two tanks at St. Lucia with the boat's shop.

Back
Top Bottom