50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can dive with us anytime, no matter how young you are Colorado Fred!!!!!!

Where do I Live now - Isla de Margarita, Venezuela
Where do I dive - Caribbean now, have been to lots of places in the world
Age - 62
Original Certification - First certification in 1976 - NASDS
Current certification - PADI Assistant Instructor #232114 and am going to take the IDC in Utilla, Honduras in January 2009 just for S & G
Favorite dive shop - Enomis Divers, Isla Margarita

The best place to get high is at 30m

Just completed my OW certification this summer (when I was a mere pup of 52)
Adventure Divers taught me to dive and will now get a good chunk of my disposable income as I gear up
Diving various lakes and rivers in Ontario in the summer, the 1000 Islands being one favourite site, and making plans for the annual Caribbean foray this winter. This time, I'll be able to do more than lounge on the beach.

Congrats on your cert, OBG! You'll find that the fortune you spend on your gear will be just the beginning of a costly love affair that is worth your children's inheritance.

Congrats and may you have many healthy and happy SKI holidays (Spending Kids Inheritance):rofl3:

Just finished (and passed) my IE this weekend with a great group of candidates - all much younger. Many thanx to the CD, Brett, and Staff Instructors at All Wet Scuba in Tempe, AZ, for their guidance and support. Yeah, we coulda done it without you . . . but it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun. Great preparation. No surprises. Next life . . . I'm not waiting 'til I'm 63 to do this. Thank you, again, Brett.

I am 60 years old and just certified in October. We took a vacation to Cozumel and Akumal for 17 days and did several dives there.

My wife is now interested in getting certified before our trip to Maui in March. She is 74 and is apprehensive about passing the OW cert tests.

We are working at it together so I am confident she will make it.

i live in sw fl. retired here. worked as a dm when i first came. sort of a hobby jb. go to czm annualy. hit the funky keys once i awhile.

Where do you live? - Lawrenceville, Ga
Where do you dive? - Key Largo, Panama City, Grand Cayman, etc (next week I will be in Bonaire)
Favorite dive shop? - Dive Dive Dive - Lawrenceville, Ga
Current certification? - SSI AOW (should be a Master Diver after Bonair), Deep, Wreck, Nav, Night, Nitrox

I'm 52 and started diving in March of this year.

Where do you live? Moultrie, GA
Where do you dive? SE Florida/Keys and Cave Country
Favorite dive shop? Cave Adventurers in Marianna and Coral Reef Scuba in Tallahassee
Current certification? NACD Cave and TDI Trimix; Future goals - Cave survey, stage, and DPV
Age - 51

Last edited:
memphis,tn
only cert dives so far..OW,nitrox
SSI- Dive Shop
New and haveing a blast

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom