50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The warranty ran out July 18th on me. I dive B.C., Alberta puddles, Coz., St. Lucia. I have 89 dives and have a padi master scuba diver card. It's my addiction now.

'Cause we're not grumpy! :D

Age 51 (younger than Walter)

I live in Lauderdale By The Sea, FL

LOTS of diving in my side yard :wink:
I also do a goodly amount of diveingup & down the coast of SE FL & the Keys
Venice (3 times)
Blue Grotto (once)
Bonaire
Cape Fear, NC
Roatan
Saba
Texas Flower Gardens

Favorite dive shop is Fill Express in Pompano Beach

The only formal training I've ever taken is OW but a couple of instructor friends seemed to feel that I deserved an AOW card-they sure save me some hassles when I get on a new boat. I'm currently taking Rescue (finally) with a NAUI CD.

NAUI is a great choice! Take a look at NetDoc the fearless leader, for example!

You will be an awesome rescue diver.

Maybe you can even rescue me!:kiss2:

I don't know how I missed this thread before, but here goes:

I'm 63 and I've been diving since 1962. PADI DM for several decades and still dive on a regular basis. I try to get at least 1 Carib. trip each year - favourites - Coz, Cayman Brac, and Curacao. Regular dives are generally lakes and quarries in Southern Ontario. I dive with a group who are almost all over 50 or approaching it rapidly. Needless to say - we help each other A LOT with gearing up! I'll be retiring in January so I plan on getting in a few more dives during weekdays.

Cheers to all!

Neil

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?
53 now, been certified 3 years. I dive Michigan inland lakes, Ohio Quarries, Michigan shipwrecks and once a year we hit the Florida springs.

Well, this is my last year in the 50's.

the K

No, my brother. I've been living on borrowed time since 1969 and enjoying every moment of it.

the K

Hey, the only negative I've experienced about being in my 60's is that fewer lovely "lady go divers" are interested. Heck I dive more, longer and deeper than I ever dove in my 20's and 30's. Be proud that we've reached TWICE our expected lifespan ("You can't trust anyone over 30").

Diving alleviates my grumpy, so this might not be my category (grumpy old divers).
Cert'd in 72. Currently dive fairly cold (50 F) and murky, to warm, casual reef sightseeing, to fairly deep, ...with the stuff that brings.
Last year was on a boat with eight or so divers, not one which had been born before the year i got my naui card. On the other hand, there are the young ones with thousands of dives vs my hundreds, so not I'm really an old timer in that sense... and who cares? Its all about enjoying the dives we get.
At Andros a few years back met a librarian who in her late sixties was just getting certifed. Now that's cool! From Vermont, and had never been in the ocean. My goal is to be diving in Andros at that age!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom