50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Speaking of WPB area, that also is my very favorite place to dive. It's been a couple of years but I've been there when the Lemon Sharks come through (in January, I believe) and it's awesome!
I'll also be down that way later on this month and plans are made to do the Blue Heron Bridge, if anyone's up for it, we could get a group together.

BTW- 50
north of Green Bay WI
dove Cozumel, WPB, Key Largo, Gulf of Mex. (various spots), Turks & Caicos, Bonaire, Bonne Terre Mine, Honduras, Great Lakes and farm ponds.

Remember that the dives at BHB are driven by slack high tide, so make sure your plans take the tidal info into account. I for one would be happy to join you when you're here.

Where do you live? Southern California
Where do you dive? Anywhere that has water
Favorite dive shop? Don't have a favorite, there are a few I enjoy going in to.
Current certification? Master Instructor

Where do you live? Honolulu
Where do you dive? Hawaii
Favorite dive shop? Dive Oahu (They got me back into diving.)
Current certification? AOW with Nitrox (brand new as of last weekend)

Already signed up for Rescue at the end of May.

My screen name stands for Old Dog Busy Learning New Tricks - that's me. I'm 62 and collecting Social Security.

Where do you live? On the shores of Puget Sound, except summer, when I live on my sailboat.

Where do you dive? Washington State, Oregon, California, Maine, Massachussets, Florida, Hawaii, British Columbia, Fiji, Philipinnes, Belize

What is your favorite dive shop? Evergreen Divers

What is your current certification? NAUI Master Diver, Advanced Rescue, surface supplied diving, wreck diver, currently working on PADI enriched air

Hey, I'm oldsalt. Doesn't that say it all? I can recall with perfect clarity things that never happened. And don't get me started on telling you how great I never was.
:vintagediver::coffee:

Hi - didn't start diving till my 50s and am now 62 (not that a lady should reveal her age!!!)

currently living in Hurghada and diving the Red Sea at least 2 days in the week - absolute bliss!!!
Favourite dive shop Aqualung - have to say that really as they rent the ground floor and basement of our building for their workshop and showroom but I get great rates!
certification - PADI OWA and currently studying Rescue Diver
Am also part of a current reef clean up project which is ongoing here co-hosted by a local NGO The Abu Salama Society.

And we get tons of over 50s diving out here so come on guys/gals - come and join us!!!

Where do you live? Catalina Island (CA)

Where do you dive? anywhere I can afford to

What is your favorite dive shop? Catalina Scuba Luv

What is your current certification? LAC OW, PADI AOW and Rescue

This winter will mark the 50th year since I first used SCUBA (winter of 1961-62). I still haven't gotten it perfected!

My sweetie; Where do you live? West Palm Beach, FL

Where do you dive? Jupiter, Fl for now, going to Bonaire in June/July

What is your favorite dive shop? Jupiter Dive Center

What is your current certification? Ow, Nitrox

Hello all... I got certified a yr ago in Chattanooga Tn and have been to two springs in Florida , Vortex and Morrison. I'm looking foward to diving in Destin Fl. this summer . I retired last yr and would like to meet up with some folks 50s - 60s for some short trips to Florida ...there is a good dive shop in Destin w/ some easy trips .

We are in Savannah!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom