50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Lynn
Plenty of diving here on the south coast. Look up Poole and Swanage for diving. Quite a few clubs around and dive boats go out to many of the wrecks here. Also plenty of drift diving. Check out BSAC Dive clubs as well as PADI. There is a book called something like Dorset Wrecks which you should be able to get from Amazon and that will give her a good insight into what is here. Water maybe a bit cooler here than what you are used to. Also viz can change. Anyway hope she has a great time.......... Chris

Not so sure that she will be adventurous enough to go and dive by herself...I would but them I am old...haha
Think she is spoiled to warm water but thanks for the reply....

Where do you live? Lakeland, Florida

Where do you dive? West Palm Beach, Florida Keys, North Florida "Cave Country", and everywhere I can get to out of the USA -- Bahamas, Caribbean, British Columbia, PNG, French Polynesia, Fiji, Indonesia, .........

What is your favorite dive shop? Off the Wall Adventures (Disclosure: I'm one of the owners)

What is your current certification? CCR Trimix Instructor

I started diving with a home made helmet at the ripe old age of 13 and have been diving ever since. Tomorrow is my 73rd so I guess I have blown a few bubbles. Been great fun and I made a bunch of good friends. It's been interesting going from a time where one had to build much of his gear to the color coordinated piles of gear one sees today.

Ben

Turned 60 in March; live in the Philippines , the center of marine bio-diversity. I dive every weekend. Every year last 2 years my computer logged 100 dives. Can't stop. I dive in Anilao which is just 2.5 hours south of Manila:) I was certified PADI instructor in 74 with no. 6317. Quit diving when I married in 82 but went back to it 26 years later and not planning to quit.:eyebrow:

Boyfriend just turned 70 three days ago. He started diving about a month ago and can't get enough. We go diving about 3-4 days a week with JDC. Our first diving trip will be in two-and-a-half weeks to Bonaire.

Clinton, MA, USA
SSI, AOW
Just getting back in the groove. Was certified in 1980 in Okinawa, have over 200 dives. Dove in CA, Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Okinawa, many lakes. Going to Gold Coast, Brisbane Australia and then Coral Coast, Fiji in 60 days. Going to have my 13 y/o daughter certified in Fiji and she will be my dive partner, hoping she likes it, but she's a 'fish'.

Virginia Beach, Va
Rescue working on DM
Dive Local, North Carolina, Roatan two weeks a year.
Dive Quarters

Norway
Local, Arendal, Kristiansand, or Greece & Thailand
LDS:Arendal Dykkesenter

OWD in January 2010, Phuket, AOW January 2011 & EAN, Phuket.
Dry suit Speciality April 2011 Norway (dive number 50)
Got bitten by this disease in Phuket together with my wife. We both dive as often as our work allow it. Currently working on Deep Diver Speciality
Currently waiting to try our Whites Fusion suits in the water....

Can't recall if I posted before. 57 and just finished PADI DM. Halifax, Nova Scotia area. Did my 1st dive vacation in Jan. to Panama. Dive a lot in the U.S. as well. Got Master Scuba Diver back in '07 after '05 OW cert.

52 CA AOW Working on Master, Saltwater Only Dives, La Jolla Shores, Catalina, Carlsbad, Oceanside, Shaw's Cove
Fav Dive Shop- Sand Diego Scuba Dive Training Center
I live in Sun City CA
Question not asked but will offer info: Combat Swim 40 Laps in an olympic sized lap pool in 55 minutes Mon Wed Fri, Swim Tue Thurs with a 10lb. weight in same pool for 25 laps. Found this really helps me at my age to enjoy the CA coast shore dives and greatly improve my usage of air. Poor vis? Who cares! Me are underwater and breathing! Love it baby!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom