50 hr flight to/from Sorong - I must be crazy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good to hear about EVA air -- I'm flying their business class product for my DPS-TPE-SFO leg returning from Bali (albeit not until next September). The online reviews of their business class seat and service (plus the decent departure schedule and award ticket availability) made the worth a shot.

My sister just came back on HKG-TPE-YYZ in EVA’s business class and she couldn’t stop raving about it. She said it was better than Cathay Pacific.

Buiness class, premium economy, I'm one of those schmuck's crammed in the back wishing I was you for those 13 hours. Just those 13 hours, the rest of my life I LOVE being me.

The thing that made those trips bearable (beyond that I was going to some wonderful place) was the implementation of individual entertainment. Of course us schmuck's had to wait a few years past up front till the airlines threw us that bone.

I’m in the SQ (Singapore Air) camp over EVA and I have taken both many times. EVA is still very good. I also like ANA, JAL, and Cathay, but I’m not going to lie..#lesbihonest I think the flight attendants on SQ are also the most :daydream:. Mr. OOO also agrees, lol.

Like @dirtfarmer, I also fly sardine class everywhere. I’m too cheap to justify the premium and the temporary discomfort doesn’t bother me too much since I can pretty much sleep in any moving vessel. :D The blow is softened by priority boarding and baggage spots as well as lines and lounge access.

Gone are the days when I used to get biz class with Singapore Air for a mere 90,000 miles vs the 60,000 for economy....it’s now 160,000 miles for biz and 80,000 for economy! May we please have a moment of silence for this? :(

I’m in the SQ (Singapore Air) camp over EVA and I have taken both many times. EVA is still very good. I also like ANA, JAL, and Cathay, but I’m not going to lie..#lesbihonest I think the flight attendants on SQ are also the most :daydream:. Mr. OOO also agrees, lol.

Like @dirtfarmer, I also fly sardine class everywhere. I’m too cheap to justify the premium and the temporary discomfort doesn’t bother me too much since I can pretty much sleep in any moving vessel. :D The blow is softened by priority boarding and baggage spots as well as lines and lounge access.

Gone are the days when I used to get biz class with Singapore Air for a mere 90,000 miles vs the 60,000 for economy....it’s now 160,000 miles for biz and 80,000 for economy! May we please have a moment of silence for this? :(

I know SQ consistently ranks really high - never had the chance to fly them. My selection of EVA started with which airline has award seat availability and is a transfer partner (or in an alliance with a transfer partner) for my AMEX points to. I've also read (and since everything on the internet is 100% accurate, I'm sure this is true) that SQ's intall of their A350 seats really screwed-up the foot room for anyone over six feet tall.

And in general the ME3 or the Asian airlines all make the US carries flight attendants look second rate. I believe at one time the head of Qatar actually referred to AA's group as "grandmothers" or something similar.

Mileage inflation. You used to earn a mile for every mile flown. Then credit cards started offering miles, initially at one mile per dollar spent. Nowadays, as you know, some cards offer as much as 5x miles on travel and dining charges.

And in general the ME3 or the Asian airlines all make the US carries flight attendants look second rate. I believe at one time the head of Qatar actually referred to AA's group as "grandmothers" or something similar.

Those elegant SQ FAs in their distinctive uniforms command respect just walking through the airport. My wife refers to Delta (our "preferred" carrier) FAs, especially on the long-haul international routes, as the "old trouts."

I have flown on miles from Atlanta to Houston just for the privilege of using SQ to get to Bali. Great deals. Great service. I doubt I'll ever sit up front to Asia, though--I'd rather spend that money on diving.

...Those elegant SQ FAs in their distinctive uniforms command respect just walking through the airport. My wife refers to Delta (our "preferred" carrier) FAs, especially on the long-haul international routes, as the "old trouts."

I have flown on miles from Atlanta to Houston just for the privilege of using SQ to get to Bali. Great deals. Great service. I doubt I'll ever sit up front to Asia, though--I'd rather spend that money on diving.

Yes, I like their unforms. The colors & patterns resemble the beautiful mandarin fish.

998A0388-7E60-4E42-AF3F-ED789A29B77C.jpeg

DB5D0E4A-24FC-4AD0-AE6C-7E712DC03DA8.jpeg

I've used Melatonin at home with no results but have never tried it while travelling, I'll give it a shot.

I first took 5mg at first & it’s too weak. It works fine when I double the doses to 10 mg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom