"5-star" Cozumel hotel options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave is right (again). Been to Cozumel on multiple trips over the last 30+ years and tried most every "better" hotel. Presidente is still #1 as far as hotels. Nothing else close to it except maybe the Cozumel Palace but that is a different type of experience.

Now, with kids, wives, etc, we usually rent a large condo and do our own thing. However, when it's just the wife and me, it's the El Presidente/Aldora and nothing else!

Playa Azul! It's in the north - but it's an upscale boutique hotel with a nice beach and very quiet. You'll have to get to town or the marina for diving depending on who you dive with.

i'll also go with the others on The Intercontinental Presidente - nicest on the island.

Another option is stay in Playa del Carmen and ferry over to dive.

I would not want to do that but if the wife's standards cannot be met on Cozumel, that may be your only solution.

the Presedente is the only true 5 star property on the island. VERY nice.

Dave is right (again). Been to Cozumel on multiple trips over the last 30+ years and tried most every "better" hotel. Presidente is still #1 as far as hotels. Nothing else close to it except maybe the Cozumel Palace but that is a different type of experience.

Now, with kids, wives, etc, we usually rent a large condo and do our own thing. However, when it's just the wife and me, it's the El Presidente/Aldora and nothing else!

I think this is the combo that is leading for me. The week before we are probably going to be somewhere between PDC and Akumal in an all inclusive with a nice beach. She can get her sand fill there and deal with a pool in Coz. I think we're going downscale on the mainland due to others in the trip, so upscale on Coz (at least for room and food) will be a must.

thanks,
rick

In order to keep your expectations at a reality level, you will not be taking long walks on the beach at sunset...hand in hand, with your feet in the water when gentle waves roll in, if you stay at the Presidente. This is not a slamming of that hotel...just a fact of the terrain.

But Ron, there is a real sandy beach there (100 yards wide and much like a cove) where you can wade in snorkel beach dive etc. Someone else mentioned Playa Azul which has a similar beach. I like the Playa Azul very much but it is not in the same league with the Presidente. BTW, I have my own hotel but will not meet the stated requirements, so I won't mention it.

Oh, and long long walks on the beach down south are possible at the AIs but just like last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, the water next to shore can be dirty brown. Never happens at Presidente.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Well even walking on those south hotel beaches is not "fun" by any means......all the coral rock sand is a PITA in my opinion to walk on lol......better have water shoes! The natural sand in Coz is much rougher than the sand over at PDC/Cancun.

Hi All,
.....around the beginning of September. We are going to add another week diving somewhere nearby.....

That's the absolute peak of hurricane season weeks,,,That's a 5-star experience if you haven't been through one before. :)

Back
Top Bottom