"5-star" Cozumel hotel options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compared to SE Asia hotels that you may be familiar with, the Presidente will be a huge disappointment. If a Shangri-Li is a 5, the Presidente is a 2, maybe. I haven't stayed at the Presidente in more than 5 years. My wife is picky too, but even she eventually decided that the Presidente wasn't worth it. As Cozumel hotels go, it is one of the most consistent as Dave has said and is among the nicer ones. Therefore, it is a safe bet. My answer to what is the nicest is usually the newest one there. After that, they tend to go down hill. Presidente is the exception there. Cozumel is about the quality of the diving and has great local restaurants. It isn't the type of place you want to spend all day hanging out at a resort anyway. Other than not being truly high end, that is the real downfall of the Presidente. It is inconvenient to town (but butter than the stuff further south or on the north side). My favorite place to stay in recent trips has been the condos at El Cantil because you can walk most places. However, I think we are going to give the Princess (next door to El Cantil) a shot in June even though we probably won't use any of the all-inclusive amenities.

" I think we are going to give the Princess (next door to El Cantil)"...

Cozumel Palace is next to El Cantil, never heard of a princess hotel/resort on the island... sounds like a cruise ship.

You are correct. I can't keep up with the name changes. I still refer to it as Plaza Las Glorias.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom