4th Peace River Camping/Fossiling Trip - 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hear banjo music.

:rofl3: You got the picture. They all talk like they have a mouth full of chew.

"Ya'll come back now" This sign is posted as you are leaving the campsite.:shakehead:

Hey I am from the South and very proud of it but I do have common sense and I brush my teeth and comb my hair AND I wear shoes:rofl3: and most of all I can count money which these people cannot. I got charged $60 for my stay. But we made a trade which I guess they are used to we traded it for firewood:rofl3:

Never again not after the way they treated Dennis and Roxanne if they had asked all of us to leave that would have been really bad because I had not gotten much sleep and I would have had to find a hotel somewhere to stay the night.

Peace River Campground is no longer a place where I want to go.
Bad service and attitudes from the employees all weekend........

Yes, we will definitely find a new and improved locale for camping next year. I think enough has been said about Peace River Campground. We are SO done with that place!

My brother and dad had such a great time!! Thanks to everyone for helping them fit right in. And thanks for not beating them with shovels for the megs and mako tooth they found.

Love to everyone!

:eek:) Kris

Not my fault I had bad luck run my way also locking my car keys in the car waiting for AAA to come and when he arrives he thinks your dog is going to eat him now that was funny:rofl3: But of course I should not have said what else could go wrong:shakehead: so maybe it was my fault I don't know, but I meant no harm.

I hope you know I am just joking around with ya. You will wear that badge untill something else happens and a new badge is created for somebody else. It's like an introdoctrocation or something. :) And yes, it was funny seeing that guy from AAA all scared of Charlie. :rofl3:
Would love to carpool or whatever up to Ginnie Springs. Will make the drive easier and more fun.

Sorry that our situation added to the catalogue of issues with these people. I also apologize again to Dennis and Roxanne for cutting their night short and for the disruption of that evening to what would have been a nice evening meal together.

The park owners threatened to throw all of us in jail prior to coming back to the campsite for "defrauding an innkeeper"!! I found out after the fact that for it to be a 3rd degree felony the amount of defrauding would have to be $300+, which even their exorbitant entrance fee for just visiting didnt quite reach. Turns out we could have camped for the night for less than the hour visiting time we wanted...... BTW if they hadnt stopped us and caused all the fuss we would likely have been out of there in an hour or so as originally mentioned (timed that from the golf cart rental timeframe) rather than the 3 hours the old boy said he timed us at.

Anyway, it was good to see everyone, glad things have been sorted out and we have plans for other arrangements to be investigated next year. I dont mind the canoeing one either. We will have an infant coming with us next year to add to the creche that we have seen recently at these Conch events. Thanks for the time to get together.

Interesting first post! Welcome to the board! I just spoke to the organizer of this event a couple hours ago. Their cable wire was cut and have to wait til tomorrow to get re hooked up. She will post a new thread then. But, I can tell you that it is the weekend of March 13 and we will be camping at Brownsville, on the Peace River about 10 miles north of the city of Arcadia.

Hopefully, they will put a link in here. I DON'T think they will be staying at the Peace River Camp Grounds!

No we will not be staying at that **** run place......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom