400d housings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmharley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Have been checking all possibilities for the xti and came across Alcina's post. Now has anyone used the Hugy fot HFC-400d or the Fatasea F400D? I have looked pretty hard at the Ikelite housing and it looks great just curious of the other 2. I see the Hugyfot is rated to 328 ft as apposed to the other 2 at 198 ft. Aluminium housing I reckon. Thanks for any advice, input, pros and cons on these. :)

I don't know alot about the two housings...but I have a S&S housing for my 400D, and I absolutely love it. Very sturdy, button are positioned within easy reach...smooth in the water...not sure if they are available in the US yet, as I bought mine from Yuzo in Japan. Just used it on a week on the AquaCat in the Bahamas, and I have zero complaints

what is the model # for that housing? Can you take a pic of it I thin I found it on the Japanese page. Thanks

Hi bro,
Sorry for using this forum as a staging ground to strike a communication with you,I was impressed by your logo,are there a lot of diver/traveler in your jurisdiction?,just asking.
Am George from GL of Philippines.and also an avid diver,hope we can do some dives in the future together.
together brethren

Good thing about the Hugyfot housing is that they can use an optional Inon 45 degree viewfinder. While I haven't used this viewfinder, I've been hearing good things about it.

Other options are the new Seatool (japanese) housing (www.seatoolusa.com). Or check it out on Reef Photo's site. The thing is tiny and again, it will accept the new Inon 45 degree viewfinder.

Sea and Sea is another options but I'd be a little hesistant on that one as for some reason, they nerfed a lot of the buttons on the rear of the housing. They are not critical buttons but for instance, you can't access the menu (if you wanted to set manual white balance) or change any settings. Just my 2c. Plus side is Sea & Sea has tons of ports and dome options and the built in TTL converter. I personally use an older Sea & Sea 350D housing which I've converted to take the 400D (can use all the buttons). Great housing. The only thing I dislike is that I can't use a third party viewfinder on it without some major work on it. Well actually it's not the housing's fault, it's just the 400D internal viewfinder is so small and dark compared to other DSLR's.

Gudge, thanks for the correction!

Out of curiousity, which handles is your wife getting for the Seatool 400D housing?

I am so tempted to try the Seatool housing just so I can use that Inon viewfinder!! If it wasn't for all the S&S domes/ ports/ gears I've amassed... Now why couldn't S&S have worked with Inon like Nexus did to provide that 45 degree viewfinder as an option... grrr...

We're just now have delivery on the F400D housing for the Canon 400xTi. They are back ordered currently, but I usually can get them in 2-3 weeks.

I've been using the D80 version for a month, they are very similar. The housing swims well, really not much bigger than my old Ike E900 housing and much lighter in the water. Housing and camera are neutral. Standard port is included which will fit the kit lens along with 50/60mm macros. Metal handles adjust in and out for different size hands or gloves. Dedicated controls. I am impressed with the quality of construction, dual o-ring metal ports, you can adjust with extension rings. 4-5 different available ports now, some on special order though. Domes just took a price increase.

Only a 5" zoom dome available, although a larger non-zoom dome is in final stages of testing. I'm going to test the 5" zoom dome with a Sigma 17-70 macro, maybe a Tokina 10-17FE myself. We should have more lenses tested soon.

Six pin connector allows TTL connection to our housing for the F580EX strobe housing, works quite nicely, you can use an optical sync cord to tie in two strobes in TTL. Other Nikonos connecting strobes will work in manual.

A lot of housing for the money (MSRP $1099).

Full press release

F400D_front.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom