4 Months in Prison for Breaking Quarantine in Cayman Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

She's back in the States, having served 32 days of the two month sentence, reduced from 4 months. She'll be on Good Morning America tomorrow to tell her side.

We’ll see - but I’d bet she’ll play it as she was the poor victim and made a simple mistake. Unfortunately, personal responsibility and accountability doesn’t seem to be a thing with many these days...

In hindsight, I bet that you’re wrong. Sounded pretty contrite to me. :p

In hindsight, I bet that you’re wrong. Sounded pretty contrite to me. :p
I was pleasantly surprised that she did not just flat play the victim card. However, I still don't get the sense that she fully gets that what she did was all that bad - but she got caught. I say that for 2 reasons: 1: she still struggled to admit the basic fact that she knew she was breaking the law when she removed her bracelet and 2: She still talked about that she tested negative and didn't think there was a risk if she socially distanced at the beach when the reports are that she absolutely did not socially distance (so still trying to rationalize her bad choice).

However, that said, she at least displayed some appearance of being contrite and I would imagine she did learn a lesson by serving some time in jail (though not clear why they released her so early - but that's GC's choice).

I was pleasantly surprised that she did not just flat play the victim card. However, I still don't get the sense that she fully gets that what she did was all that bad - but she got caught. I say that for 2 reasons: 1: she still struggled to admit the basic fact that she knew she was breaking the law when she removed her bracelet and 2: She still talked about that she tested negative and didn't think there was a risk if she socially distanced at the beach when the reports are that she absolutely did not socially distance (so still trying to rationalize her bad choice).

However, that said, she at least displayed some appearance of being contrite and I would imagine she did learn a lesson by serving some time in jail (though not clear why they released her so early - but that's GC's choice).

In most places including the US you don't serve the full amount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom