3mm wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did finde a bare that looked good it's probably gonna be other a bare revel or a bare velocity. Any experience with those?
I had the Velocity and my wife still does. Great suit. I would buy another without issue.
No experience with the Revel. Looks like a decent option though.

Something like this,

give it away when you are done with it.

Personally…get a 5mm.
You can always flush it if you’re hot. Which is unlikely. And you can use it in colder water. If you travel a 3mm is kind of a waste. Imo.

And yet one more vote for the Bare Velocity. The Bare replaced a Henderson Thermoprene which totally turned to sh!t and fell apart in 9 months.

Be careful with a 3mm, if you get cold it's miserable. In a thicker suit you can always flush with cool water. Only you know your temperature tolerance. On multiple dives over multiple days you can start to feel it quite acutely. Personally I wear a 5mm in all tropical locations but I do feel the cold. A hood can make quite a bit of difference if you start to feel it after a day or so.

Good luck, hope you have a blast.

Be careful with a 3mm, if you get cold it's miserable. In a thicker suit you can always flush with cool water. Only you know your temperature tolerance. On multiple dives over multiple days you can start to feel it quite acutely. Personally I wear a 5mm in all tropical locations but I do feel the cold. A hood can make quite a bit of difference if you start to feel it after a day or so.

Good luck, hope you have a blast.
It's unfortunate how much more a good 5mm costs now days.

Back
Top Bottom