3mm vs 5mm suit - which is more versatile for tropics/FL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One other thing to consider, as every is different, is a good hooded vest. I use my 5mm often and could not believe the difference a hood makes in staying warm. Many people can "gut" their way through one dive, but if you are getting cold, it is hard to get back into the water. Most of my dives are multiple and I hate to be cold. I ALWAYS opt for more neoprene as to less.

One other thing to consider, as every is different, is a good hooded vest. I use my 5mm often and could not believe the difference a hood makes in staying warm. Many people can "gut" their way through one dive, but if you are getting cold, it is hard to get back into the water. Most of my dives are multiple and I hate to be cold. I ALWAYS opt for more neoprene as to less.

I just checked the prices and it seems you get get a 5mm and a 3mm Henderson Thermoprene for the cost of a single 5mm Henderson Hyperstretch H2...I remember trying on a 5mm Thermoprene last year and I thought it was pretty stretchy (never tried the hyperstretch on though). How big is the difference between the two? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom