32 Great dives in Bali - report / photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beautiful photos Scott! I wish i were back there!!

I just came back from 2 weeks in Bali, with 4 days of diving in Menjangan and 4 days in Tulamben. In Tulamben, we stayed at Scuba Seraya Resort which I would highly recommend to anyone who likes to relax in a calm atmosphere in-between and after the dives. The resort is beautifully landscaped and never feels crowded (they only have 10 or 12 rooms) like some of the other resorts in Tulamben. As a result, service is always very personalized, and that is also the case for the dive center. The dive center's staff is very professional and take great care of their divers and equipment. They also have a speedboat that will get you to the Liberty wreck in less than 10 minutes. And at 6:30 in the morning, watching the sun rise and the volcano from the boat is a magic moment.

Menjangan might be worth the detour (it's a 4-hour drive from Seminyak and 3 hours from Tulamben) if you have time. We stayed at Mimpi, which is a nice resort, but I would not recommend diving with them. While the staff there is very nice, overall i found their dive center poorly organised and somewhat low on the safety side. The dives themselves were ok, but not spectacular...

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful photos! I am headed to Tembok & Amed next week for 10 days & I can't wait. I'm breaking in my new camera, so hopefully I will get some decent photos.

Hey Scott,

What a great pict that u had. I was waiting to see those pict. hehehe......
Did u had the pict at The Canyon and Biaha?

Agus

@Tome - we saw many ghost pipefish on our trip in padang bai, amed, seraya and the paradise house reef. Many people I know upload their photos to flickr.com or smugmug.com

@scubamiette - thanks! glad you enjoyed bali also. I hope to get to menjangan someday

@Lindabeach - thanks! good luck with your new camera

@Aicha - thank you

@Agus - nice to hear from you! hope to see you again. I'll send you some pictures. Everyone, Agus was our guide for 2 days in nusa penida/padang bai, he was very nice and we enjoyed having him as our guide. Agus, you can see a lot more photos from the trip in the bali underwater galleries here

Wow, great pics, cool website. I've dived in Menjangan, Nusa Penida (twice), N. Lembongan, Amed, Tulamban and planning to go again. Can't get tired of Bali! Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom