300 Foot Dive-How Expensive ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just was bored and figured I have spent total at least 8 grand and I haven't even done any technical training yet aside from intro cave. And as for my wife... o wait I'm only 20 I don't have one.

Joel

You got me buying their instruments, stage and the building that holds it all...:D :D

My new bumper sticker....

"Technical Diver: I'm DIVING my children's inheritance"

PaulChristenson:
Joel

You got me buying their instruments, stage and the building that holds it all...:D :D

My new bumper sticker....

"Technical Diver: I'm DIVING my children's inheritance"

Now that would make for a great T-shirt ---- :D

This is one of those questions that's sort of like "How much does it cost to fill up your yacht?" There are some things we just don't want to know.
(It is interesting that before even looking at the first post in this thread the $20K number is what popped into my head as the answer :) )
Rick

Did anyone see "Unchartered Waters; Florida's Aqua-Caves" on Discovery last night? It appeared to me the cameraman, whose previous deep limit was 140, was suited up and given a quick overview on how to execute and then followed the dive team to 290 ffw. Surely I didn't just witness a trust me dive to 300 feet?

Don't forget about the ongoing annual expense of maintaining all of that equipment once it's purchased. When you think about two sets of doubles, 4-5 deco/stage bottles, possibly a scooter, etc. Wow, that adds up fast. I can see why many of the tech guys/ladies learn to do their own maintenance.

Divin'Hoosier:
Don't forget about the ongoing annual expense of maintaining all of that equipment once it's purchased. When you think about two sets of doubles, 4-5 deco/stage bottles, possibly a scooter, etc. Wow, that adds up fast. I can see why many of the tech guys/ladies learn to do their own maintenance.

I am reminded of this every July, October, and November...

i dont want to think about it ever nope nope imnot even fully in to tech yet im gearing that way ive easly spent 6k last year alone and 7k this year to go to truks +i need to buy more gear to get fully teched out

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom