3 Videos from ST Croix - really amazing subjects

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig66

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Was honored to have the opportunity to film these amazing animals

Turtles of St Croix

Sea horses of St Croix

St Croix Night Dive

Enjoy

Craig

Awesome videos!

Any details you can share on your setup, lights, filters, macro lenses?

I use a go pro Silver 4. I tend to alternate between 2.7K at 30 FPS on 1080 at 60FPS. When at 2.7K I am forced into wide FOV but otherwise I use Medium. I use a SOLA 1200 Video flood and use either a backscatter 20-50 filter or a 10+ or 15+ lens in front. Although Iove the 15+ I tend to find the 10+ more useful. With the 15+ you really need to be in the sweet spot of about 10cm away from the subject but with the 10+ your sweet spot is not as fine and it allows the go pro to get within a foot of the creature. I do not use protune and there was almost no post production tuning. I use a home made stabilization device that involves 5 10cm pieces of plastic piping that are held together by screws to make them really heavy and then the lights and go pro are mounted on it. In the sand it is great although in areas of coral you need to be very careful that you are only placing it on areas of dead coral/rock/coral skeleton.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom