3.14 Photos on pi day dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shoot..that explains it. Bummer would have been nice to chat with you guys?
I was not sure what the deal was with parking at El Torrito now? There was a spot on the street so we nabbed it.
Next time...

I have never seen a single one before anywhere in Monterey. They were definitely dungeness!I was surprised to see the first one..but then more and more..it was a trip? Made me hungry for lunch!Saw two different Seals on our surface swim but none UW..a first,was a bit bummed?

Parking at El T is $7 although they guy didn't come out to ask us for the $ until late, like 11:30 or so. We were clear of our first dive when he came sauntering over to ask for it.

As for crabs - I don't know my crustaceans well enough to know what I saw, but did see some decorators and then one 'traditional crab' guy scuttling around between some rocks, being bothered by a greenling.

Thanks for the photos. The anemone is my favorite. Was there much of a current? When Randy and I dove McAbee last week we were drifting a lot more than we anticipated. When we surfaced to check our location we were almost to the Aquarium. This was my first dive there, so I didn't know if this was typical.

-Kevin

We were actually being pushed gently towards Breakwater, not in the direction of the Aquarium. I don't dive MacAbee enough to be able to state what might be 'normal' for the site. :)

Because the reef at MacAbee is fairly narrow and runs along the shore (either to the Aquarium or towards breakwater), it's not uncommon to swim about at a given depth and then surface to find yourself closer to one of those two locations. On our last MacAbee dive, we also ascended at turn pressure to find ourselves at the Aquarium. There's a lot of fun stuff out there, since not everyone goes that far :)

Thanks Sarah and Kenn. It was amazing to me, since we were really taking it easy, that we drifted so far. Fun spot though, parking was a non-issue on a Monday :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom