3.14 Photos on pi day dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all. I had a chance to go diving with Sarah on Sat 3.14 (aka pi day). Great dives, but we ran into the red-truck dude that everyone has told me about. I thought he was an urban legend.

McAbee Beach macro shots:

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2066.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2064.jpg

The whole set here!

Who is the Red Truck Dude? And why is he special?

MG

P.S
Your pics are fantastic, the macros are really screaming!! You need to put your other lens back on and get underwater pics of all of us divers. It would really be nice to see the collection of pics of all your Northern CA diving buddies in a small gallery.

I have a ton of topside pics of all of you but not too many underwater. I would like to get all of you in video shots and post them on youtube. I have a nice video of Devin Dhammer.

Maybe I will start a thread of topside pics of divers here in Monterey....

Was one of the pair a female diver? I once had to intercept the mans hand when he got a little too close to my buddy one rainy day.

Nomad

Fred Lives!!

I've never seen him in person, but one day I might just get lucky :)

Was one of the pair a female diver? I once had to intercept the mans hand when he got a little too close to my buddy one rainy day.

Nomad
Well Robin (male) was diving with Sarah (I presume female) so that would fit the MO I was told about.

Fred Lives!!

I've never seen him in person, but one day I might just get lucky :)

Fred! I knew Jim wasn't right but figured I'd just continue that joke :wink:

thats the dude. It was just like the stories. Came up looking to join a 2diver pair.

The missing information here is that one of the divers is a female... I've never heard of [-]Jim[/-] Fred hitting up just a regular male buddy team.

I'm a bit hesitant to unbury this old thread. There appear to really be exaggerated stories and hot tempers throughout the conversation, and though everyone here has a level head, I still want to say not to take everything at face value.

But, I have to ask myself, would I want my SO dive with this guy? I hate to say that without ever having met the guy, my answer would still be NO; he might be perfectly normal, but for me it's really just not worth it. So take it for what it is and make up your own mind.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/no...erey-divers-especially-women-beware-fred.html

PS: Ben also drives a red dive truck around Monterey, but near as I can tell, he's (mostly) harmless :)

Now I know what you guys are talking about. One female diver, cannot remember her name told me this guy is a creepy diver.

That he has asked to join divers and then when he gets out into the ocean he changes into octupus man.

His arms go around the unsuspecting diver and he does things I cannot post on this thread. He also has been known to shut off your gas from your valve, please be warned.

MG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom