3.14 Photos on pi day dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's totally fine, I think we're on the same page here. I just want people to understand that someone saying "My friend said he met the guy, and friend got an off-feeling from him" is completely different than declaring "He's known to shut people's air off," which comes only from third-hand, he-said, she-said rumor.

No offense Mike, but thisn't is a fair or accurate representation of my attitude or biases. Yes, doubles gives you redundancy in the event of various valve failures, but I want to point out that 1) I've felt this way about Fred well before I ever got into doubles, and 2) without creating any kind of false dichotomy between singles and doubles divers (most doubles divers still dive single tanks on a regular basis), it's been my experience and observation that people who dive and get trained in doubles are acutely more sensitive about risk-taking, preparedness and general safety than they were when they were just diving singles. I can assure you that my own personal attitude toward this guy has NOTHING to do with the fact that I dive a rig that may (or may not, who knows what anybody knows) confuse a potential assailant.

Man, how did I get put in the position of defending Fred? :shakehead: Just so it's clear, please read my posts above. My position has consistently been that I personally would not, nor would I recommend that anybody dive with Fred. I simply feel that if we're going to sit here bashing some guy on the internet who isn't here to defend himself, we owe it to ourselves to be as truthful with the allegations as possible.

OK, what a hijack. Sorry guys, back to regularly scheduled programming :D

Hey Ken,

I was trying to make a joke when I mentioned the 1 in three chance and it didn't come out right... :shakehead: I'm bad with jokes as you can see.

Sorry if I offended you in any way, it was not what I was attempting to do. I've never met Fred so maybe I'll back out of this all together.

MG

PS: Ben also drives a red dive truck around Monterey, but near as I can tell, he's (mostly) harmless :)

Enough about Fred lets talk about this Ben guy. He might seem harmless but really he assimilates people. Everyone I have seen dive with Ben even seems happy after their assimilation :confused: :popcorn:

Thanks for sharing the photos Robin :) I do not think I have ever seen a ringed snail up that close!

I've never been approached by Fred. I must not be pretty enough. :(

Sorry if I offended you in any way, it was not what I was attempting to do.

No offense taken! Safety is just a big sticking point for me and sometimes it can come across a bit strong, but again I think we're actually on the same page regarding the "professional dive buddy" in question.

Enough about Fred lets talk about this Ben guy. He might seem harmless but really he assimilates people. Everyone I have seen dive with Ben even seems happy after their assimilation.

Yeah, I blame Ben too :wink: I think he was the first MoCal diver I've met from SB, little did I know that this was all part of his grand plan (until it was too late)!

I am still having all kinds of issues loading my photos onto ScubaBoard and my website is not loading properly through its FTP (help me Robin!). Yesterday I gave up and, instead went to see the Watchmen, which I enjoyed despite not knowing the first thing about the comic. :)

As for Fred - that was my 1st encounter with him. As a female and as a diver fullstop - I like to limit my exposure to diving with strangers. There are too many safety concerns with diving as it is without adding strangers to the mix. I have, however, read the rumors, and was able to recognize the red truck and was happy that I was able to communicate with my buddy sufficiently to advise him of the fact that I didn't want to have a 3rd joining us. With that being said - here are the few photos I've been able to load (unedited):

IMG_9087.JPG

This is the buddy-breakdown Anemone ...
IMG_9083.JPG

IMG_90771.jpg

all those legs...... (shivers!)
IMG_9066.JPG

Sweetness, although s/he looks completely unimpressed:
IMG_9090.JPG

(and needs some correction)...

- Sarah

Sarah,

That is definitely a teenager harbor seal you can see it in the face; just like the human teens, they always make that face when getting their pic taken.

Very nicely taken...

MG

Thanks all. I hope to use CS4 and get the color correction done and perhaps some of the backscatter, but we'll have to see. In the meantime - s/he is still super-cute. I was about to start heading up after having looked for Robin, when the seal came in and was swimming around me. S/he swam up over this little rocky ledge and then swam back towards me, then - so cute - faced me, almost resting his/her head on the rock and let me snap it. I was pretty happy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom