3.14 Photos on pi day dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pics Robin and Sarah! The seal is adorable!

This is the buddy-breakdown Anemone ...

- Sarah

Totally my fault. I stopped to take a picture of that guy and when I looked up my buddy was gone. I swam in a short search pattern for 2 min and then surfaced to find Sarah waiting 5 feet from my surface point. By the book! We went back down and had no other issues and continued to have a great dive. That damn seal was no help. I asked him/her where my buddy was and he/she just gave me that look.

Thanks for being such a good dive partner! It was the first time I've lost my buddy, but the textbook scenario of search then surface worked very well.

Totally my fault. I stopped to take a picture of that guy and when I looked up my buddy was gone. I swam in a short search pattern for 2 min and then surfaced to find Sarah waiting 5 feet from my surface point. By the book! We went back down and had no other issues and continued to have a great dive. That damn seal was no help. I asked him/her where my buddy was and he/she just gave me that look.

Thanks for being such a good dive partner! It was the first time I've lost my buddy, but the textbook scenario of search then surface worked very well.

No fault whatsoever. That's what happens when you get 2 photographers together and somewhat sketchy viz. :) I am just glad that we found each other in the end. You are a great buddy - always easy to find and easy going, so no complaints from me. It was a beautiful anemone - worth the time and dedication you gave it. :)

No fault whatsoever. That's what happens when you get 2 photographers together and somewhat sketchy viz. :) I am just glad that we found each other in the end. You are a great buddy - always easy to find and easy going, so no complaints from me. It was a beautiful anemone - worth the time and dedication you gave it. :)

Sarah,

When you guys got separated and you surfaced did anyone of you practice inflating your surface marker?

It would be a good plan to practice it, trust me I know. :D

MG

Mike - No. Primarily because I generally do not take a SMB when I am shore diving, only from the boat or if I am diving in an unknown location or where currents could become an issue. :)

Great photos both of you! I was there sat as well, must have just missed you?
I parked on the street at the top of the steps..did not see any other divers at all?
Did you all see a lot of Dungeness crabs? I have never seen so many at any other site before? We probably saw at least 6 or 7?

I stayed overnight at the Lone Oak. BW was like glass on Sunday with incredible viz!
Some day I will have some photos..?

Drew

Did you all see a lot of Dungeness crabs? I have never seen so many at any other site before? We probably saw at least 6 or 7?

Ooh, I don't recall ever seeing Dungeness around MacAbee. There are quite a few pacific rock crab out there though.

I saw one on the dive, but he got into a crack too fast for me to take a picture. I swear he was giving me the finger while he was running away.

Back
Top Bottom