2nd Percentile SAC Rate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deco Diving is still recreational diving always has been. Cave penetration yes needs special training and skills. Not something that I have an interest in.

I hope you get cleared for diving.
Decompression dives are recreational? Maybe it differs by agency.

Decompression dives are recreational? Maybe it differs by agency.

Yes for BSAC CMAS and other agencies. Was not for PADI. So I did padi OW in January 1986. Then started BSAC in June 1986 and all those dives were planned deco dives. Was just diving with dive time planning and some stops. Before dive computers or the spg were common.
JValve, dive watch and dive tables. You will read replies from other divers on SB who also did recreational deco diving as being the norm.

Yes for BSAC CMAS and other agencies. Was not for PADI. So I did padi OW in January 1986. Then started BSAC in June 1986 and all those dives were planned deco dives. Was just diving with dive time planning and some stops. Before dive computers or the spg were common.
JValve, dive watch and dive tables.
Ah yeah, SDI which is who I’m certified through doesn’t count deco in rec

JValve, dive watch and dive tables.
There are far more agency who do not consider deco dive as part of recreational dive.

In many of the threads on SB you will see divers writing that they do short deco dives on a single tank as part of their recreational diving. Sometimes experienced divers with the training will exceed NDL on their dives as they know how to manage their gas and have enough for deco obligation with their dive buddy.

There are far more agency who do not consider deco dive as part of recreational dive.
Decompression dive is never a recreational dive.
You are corresponding with a wrong person!

All you are admitting is that some agencies do consider deco dives as recreational diving as I wrote. Kalyee is smart enough to understand that. So you now contradict yourself yet again.

In many of the threads on SB you will see divers writing that they do short deco dives on a single tank as part of their recreational diving. Sometimes experienced divers with the training will exceed NDL on their dives as they know how to manage their gas and have enough for deco obligation with their dive buddy.
And I then read people ripping them new ones.
If someone can do a decompression dive safely, more power to them. Don’t see why everyone has to freak out about it if they can do it right

Back
Top Bottom