2nd Annual RMO South Meet, Greet, Dive, and Eat! (Sept 20~21st)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As long as something doesn't come up, I'll be there! We'll be heading down Friday about noon, rolling into Santa Rosa 6ish.

Has a choice of hotel been made yet?

Roak

Here's the calendar link if you haven't signed on there yet.
Can you rent tanks down there? or have ones I rented here filled down there?

also I handle the cold pretty well, is a 5mm enough or should I do my dry?
Got any spare O-rings? Stella's a sweetheart, and she's very reasonable on tanks & weights, but not the best on O-rings. I need to carry a few I guess.
I'm always partial to the BW Adobe...
Yeah, nice place, big rooms, close to the Hole, plenty of room in the lot, and Grandma has always been very nice. Never can remember her name; I've called her that since I heard one of the lobby munchkins call her Grandma.

I think I'll bring my catalytic space heater, just in case. What else can I bring? We may not arrive until after lunch...?

Dan and I will be carpooling down together. We will be staying at the Adobe.

I guess we should discuss.... FOOD!

It looks like we will have at LEAST 6 from Denver, likely more.

We (Dan/myself) will bring a grill, some brats, and some burgers.

We will bring enough feed more about 6~8 on both days, so more of this stuff is likely necessary. Here are other things we will want:

1) Drinks (bottled water, gatoraide, soda, etc.)
2) Sides (potato salad, fruit salad, veggies, dip, chips, fruit, whatever)
3) Plates, flat ware, cups, napkins
4) Desert (HoHo's, Ding Dongs, Cherry Pie! :D)
5) Condiments (Mayo, mustard, ketchup, etc.)

Another grill would not be a bad idea.

Kevin, and the folks south, please respond, and let us know if you all are planning on diving just one day, or both so we can better plan on food!

It looks like we have two different threads plus the Calendar going on this subject, so I'll post here also. I have reserved a room at BW Adobe Inn that I'm looking to share. I'll be ride sharing with BigBubbaJ and others, who have their own room already. Anyone looking to share??

I'm planning on bringing my little grill as well. Brats and burgers sound great! Easy and filling.

Ron, I'll bring the buns for both burgers and brats, mustard and some green chili, chips and some CC cookies!

Rick, I'll share a room with you. :D

Kevin,

When will you arriving? Friday evening, or Sat morning? The smart money is on Sat!

In any event, either way, we shall see you at the Hole! :D

Let's plan on a night dive on Sat evening. They are so pleasant this time of year, because it's..... WARM!

Has anyone done Perch or heard reports? I would assume vis is not great currently based on the season, but I've been wrong before! :shocked2:

Kevin,

When will you arriving? Friday evening, or Sat morning? The smart money is on Sat!

In any event, either way, we shall see you at the Hole! :D

Let's plan on a night dive on Sat evening. They are so pleasant this time of year, because it's..... WARM!

Has anyone done Perch or heard reports? I would assume vis is not great currently based on the season, but I've been wrong before! :shocked2:

You ARE smart money!! Yep, Saturday morning for me. Teaching a AOW class Friday evenings.

Night dive sounds good. Perch is green as always this time of year, but it might be fun to do a dive over there for a change of pace.

I'm making some potato salad to bring. I'll also brings some brownies. I have some plates and napkins and forks I can bring. I don't have spoons or knifes, so if someone needs those, along with cups, they'll have to bring their own. I'm not sure how many are coming, and for what days, but I'll likely have enough, unless there are a lot of lurkers out there who haven't spoken up.

BigBubbaJ and Winterhawk and I plan to leave Castle Rock around noon so we will probably be there around 6:30 or so. We are hoping to do a night dive Friday.

Whoohoo!

Excited to dive!

Excited for my first sub 23 fsw drysuit dives. (Went to Chatfield and a pool to practice)

See you all there.

Like Rick said, we are planning on diving Fri Night (I'm diving that one wet).

Cheers

Justin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom