21W HID Pistol Grip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont

Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.salvodiving.com/lantern

Saw it on Barry's website and thought it looked like a really nice competitor to the UK 10W HID at an attractive price point. It is not kool-aid approved, but thought other divers might want to have a look at it. For the non-DIR, recreational diver on a budget it looks pretty attractive...

$US425.00 is for a diver on a champain budget, maybe Santa will bring it. :christmas

dlndavid:
$US425.00 is for a diver on a champain budget, maybe Santa will bring it. :christmas

Its better than paying $1200+ for a can light...

lamont:
Its better than paying $1200+ for a can light...
Now that would be a diver on a Dom Perion budget. Still, Santa could bring it. :christmas

lamont:
http://www.salvodiving.com/lantern

Saw it on Barry's website and thought it looked like a really nice competitor to the UK 10W HID at an attractive price point. It is not kool-aid approved, but thought other divers might want to have a look at it. For the non-DIR, recreational diver on a budget it looks pretty attractive...

Lamont

If you are looking for a fully up-gradable HID system, look at Green Force (www.mantaindustries.com ). We offer the most versatile modular light system made. And intro system will still be in the $400’s but you can add and expand as you want, halogen, LED or HID.

Thanks – Greg

Yeah, its nice but if you eventually are gonna get a can light or do dives that require one, Id hold out.
If you look around you can find a 10W HID can light for under 500, actually DR had a sale at a local cave shop for a new Slimline and a case for like $450. Not 21W but still.

WaterDawg:
Yeah, its nice but if you eventually are gonna get a can light or do dives that require one, Id hold out.
If you look around you can find a 10W HID can light for under 500, actually DR had a sale at a local cave shop for a new Slimline and a case for like $450. Not 21W but still.

With Green Force, all you have to do to turn a hand held light into a canister is add the umbilical, Now...you have a canister light AND a travel light with a handle.

In terms of price or quality, I am not going to speak badly about any other MGR's. Our product is completely different. If you are looking to purchase a dive light, there are many on the market to choose from. If you want to buy a lighting system, there is nothing that comes close.

For example....You bring up both 10 and 21 watt HID. Our starter 10 HID with handle is $480.00. You get a 4.5 AH rechargeable battery (2 hr recharge time) you will get 4.5 hour burn time on the 10 watt HID. If you wanted to got brighter, instead of buy in a WHOLE new light, all you have top do with Green Force is buy the 21 HID with is fully compatible. Now you can alternate between light heads. Plus our 21 watt HID is completely impact resistant. All systems are rate to 900 feet and the only light made that is ISO certified

Green Force lights are minus two failure points most lights have. Ours do not have activation switches, to turn it on, twist the light head. Second...Our batteries are sealed. NO tops to unscrew or pop open. Charging is thru the umbilical or direct into the battery.

Thanks Lamont & Manta - the wife's been hassling me that I haven't given her enough ideas this year for me :D Maybe I'll have to toss these her way. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom