2016 Cajun Invasion...Key Largo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'd love to! I'm having a hard time finding a dog sitter for my 12 year old pooch (we have two out of country trips). So, if I can find a good one who will stay at our house, we'd certainly try and make the trip. It always sounds like it's such a blast!

I know what you mean. We've got two Aussies that are our best friends :wink: It's never fun to leave them, but it was part of the promise we made to ourselves when we rescued them from the pound. Although we love them, we find a way to make it work with our love of diving. I've found a terrific boarding kennel that treats them like their own pets. Our dogs CAN'T WAIT for us to drop them off at the kennel and go on a dive trip!!!
P1010824.JPG

You are so lucky to have found a great kennel! I'm still exploring my options for boarding/in-house sitter/etc. BTW, my avatar is my pup! Wish I was as cute as she is! Your dogs are darling! They really pose nicely for photos!

Maybe you could qualify for the PADI swim across the canal and get a beer at Sharkeys Cert?

Thought at my age I was finished taking courses and gaining new certification levels, but I think I need to convince Cajun Diva this is one we must have!! :cheers:

Well...not exactly. I have rented a 7 BR/6 BA home that SOME of us are sharing. We have also secured 3 additional rentals for the rest of our group...so far.

We find it much more economically feasible to rent houses in Key Largo, and much more convenient. Plus we have made friends with several home owners that we rent from :)

I was thinking of that, too. If I found a pet-friendly rental I would be really happy!

If your pooch can stay alone while you dive, that's the perfect solution! There are LOTS of pet-friendly homes around Key Largo. It's a GREAT dive destination if you live in the US and just want to enjoy some diving closer to home.

Do some research on VRBO.com or Homeaway.com and search through available housing. Just be careful that they don't charge cleaning fees that are TOO high...that's one way many of them make extra money! Send me a PM if I can help in any way :)

Thanks!!! I'll definitely check VRBO. We rented a house two years ago in Key Largo. I think it was the same year your group ended up with horrible weather like we did the entire 4th of July week that year. The place was great....right on a canal. So when we couldn't dive we went kayaking....fun!

Another question: Do people make their own reservations with Rainbow Reef or have you reserved a certain number of spots?

Today is the anniversary of Iwo Jima. Here is an image from last year's Cajun Invasion that reminds me of this famous image!
Flag Image.jpg

Photo by Tim Grollimund

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom