We are looking for the BEST dive sites on Key Largo in March

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So my Daughter and I will be diving out of Key Largo in March 2022. I have over 1,000 dives and She is over 600 dives. We have done most of our diving in Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao. We also dove Cozumel, Maldives, Grand Cayman and Roatan. Can any one tell us where the BEST dive sights would be in Key Largo. Only tell me your favorite dive sights. We would also love to do some lobstering. Please tell me where and who we go out with on this. As far as diving goes, we will use Rainbow Reef, since we are staying at the Marriott Courtyard on Key Largo. Please give us your best experience. Thanks. Aruba Bob
If you have any boating experience you can rent a boat at John pennekamp State park 1/2 day or full day and go to those dive sites yourself. You can rent tanks/gear at the park. We did the Spiegel Grove /Molasses reef/ North dry Rock and we had a great time The dive sites are easy to locate using any boating Gps app on your phone and mooring balls are provided at the sites so you can easily tie off to. This was our first time going out on our own and highly recommend it.

Attachments

• 20220218_150340.jpg
    20220218_150340.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220218_150426.jpg
    20220218_150426.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 57
That sounds like a awesome time, but my wife will also be along and she is a non diver and gets motion sick very easy. So we was going to do 2 dives in the morning and then chill with her. Since we are at the Courtyard, it will be pretty easy to jump on the dive boat, since its right there. And than should be back around noon. And I know we have been very spoiled from all the places we have dove, but my Daughter will be done with Nursing School, so this is her last Spring break. We thought it would be a nice trip for all of us. And we would like to add 1 more place on our dive list. I own a snorkel company in Aruba, and my Nephew certified us in Aruba 10 years ago. He spends a lot of time in the Keys, and he just told us that we really need to go and check it out. So we will go and check it out. I am use to 82 degree water in Aruba, so I think I am going to get my eyes open on the water temp!!

That sounds like a awesome time, but my wife will also be along and she is a non diver and gets motion sick very easy. So we was going to do 2 dives in the morning and then chill with her. Since we are at the Courtyard, it will be pretty easy to jump on the dive boat, since its right there. And than should be back around noon. And I know we have been very spoiled from all the places we have dove, but my Daughter will be done with Nursing School, so this is her last Spring break. We thought it would be a nice trip for all of us. And we would like to add 1 more place on our dive list. I own a snorkel company in Aruba, and my Nephew certified us in Aruba 10 years ago. He spends a lot of time in the Keys, and he just told us that we really need to go and check it out. So we will go and check it out. I am use to 82 degree water in Aruba, so I think I am going to get my eyes open on the water temp!
The water temperature was 72f on 2/18. I recommend a 5mm for comfort.. I've done RR divers before and it was a great experience they have many dive sites to choose from. Also keep an eye on the weather (wind) and choose the best day to go out. Have fun.

For 72 degree water at least a 5mil. We were in West Palm and it was 73/74 We all wore 5mil and by the second dive we were cold. The air temp was cold and the wind was blowing so bring a wind proof poncho or something like that to throw over you during surface interval. That is when we all got cold

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom