2013 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, I hate UGA (and FSU) and look forward to them losing their first two games. Then we don't have to listen to their crap until next year. South Carolina is going to be the make/break of the SEC East. I love the Gators but we're not in a position to beat AL, LSU or A&M for the SEC Champ. Maybe next year. If the Gators can go 10/2 and show some decisive play execution we'll aim higher next year.

Haha. I got no dog in the SEC fight.

To me, UGA has the horses and they recruit well every year. But they just don't deliver big time and the coach is the issue. Mark Richt is a good coach. But I am not sure if he has what it takes to be a great coach and take UGA to the next level. Forgive me for saying this (given yours and NetDoc's disdain for UGA), but the Dawgs reminds me a lot of the Gators in the Ron Zook years: Great recruiting year in and year out (if fact, I would argue that Urban won with Zook's talents), talents galore, but just could never get the team over the hump and win the big one. Zook is a great guy and good coach. But I don't think he is a great coach.

Bama and LSU will give you guys hard time. A&M is a 5-alarm barn fire right now. That team with the Manziel debacle is a mess. I think they will flop and you guys should have not problem beating them if Manziel does not play this year.

Like I said in my previous post, you guys should be anywhere between 10-2 to 8-4. Don't sleep on Vandy (they make up for their lack of talents with disciplined execution) and watch out for FSU.

Best of luck to you guys this season.

---------- Post added August 28th, 2013 at 09:45 PM ----------

I root for two teams every Saturday... The Gators and whoever is playing UG. You just can't do UGly without the UG.

Doc,

Never realized that UF fans do not like UGA fans. I thought that is reserved for the GaTech fans. What gives?

Just like you, I root for my team and anyone that plays against ND and UCLA.

---------- Post added August 28th, 2013 at 09:48 PM ----------

We also made some for the Hurricanes. There is nothing worse than seeing a bunch of wings in those colors. Well, maybe FSU, as their colors make me think of an improperly treated wound.

---------- Post added August 24th, 2013 at 08:59 PM ----------

The way the SEC goes, it would not surprise me if Spurrier ousted GA.

Any possibility of making wings in the future for a west coast school? :D

Doc,

Never realized that UF fans do not like UGA fans. I thought that is reserved for the GaTech fans. What gives?
The true Gator believes that the only two good things to ever came out of Ga are I-75 and I-95. Why, there's even a Wikipedia page about the rivalry: Florida?Georgia football rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia We call it the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party and it's held in Jacksonville rather than alternate between the two schools because of the intensity of the rivalry. It's the only game I feel we truly have to win.

Haha. I got no dog in the SEC fight.

To me, UGA has the horses and they recruit well every year. But they just don't deliver big time and the coach is the issue. Mark Richt is a good coach. But I am not sure if he has what it takes to be a great coach and take UGA to the next level. Forgive me for saying this (given yours and NetDoc's disdain for UGA), but the Dawgs reminds me a lot of the Gators in the Ron Zook years: Great recruiting year in and year out (if fact, I would argue that Urban won with Zook's talents), talents galore, but just could never get the team over the hump and win the big one. Zook is a great guy and good coach. But I don't think he is a great coach.

Bama and LSU will give you guys hard time. A&M is a 5-alarm barn fire right now. That team with the Manziel debacle is a mess. I think they will flop and you guys should have not problem beating them if Manziel does not play this year.

Like I said in my previous post, you guys should be anywhere between 10-2 to 8-4. Don't sleep on Vandy (they make up for their lack of talents with disciplined execution) and watch out for FSU.

Best of luck to you guys this season.

---------- Post added August 28th, 2013 at 09:45 PM ----------

Doc,

Just like you, I root for my team and anyone that plays against ND and UCLA.

---------- Post added August 28th, 2013 at 09:48 PM ----------

Any possibility of making wings in the future for a west coast school? :D

Not if I can help it. USC's colors are too close to FSU's:D

In your opinion, you think USC is over-rated and in mine, I think UGA is over-rated. Cool. I can live with that.

I never said that. I only asked questions. You said UGA is overrated, and I wanted to know (starting by asking about last year) which years you thought that was the case. The most common misconception is centered around 2008, when Stafford/Moreno/Ellerbe were on the cover of SI, when we had 28 players go down for the season who were expected to start or contribute significantly. No team is coming back from that, and that's the last time I can remember that we were "overrated". Maybe you can share your thoughts.

I am not posting on this thread to flame. Just looking for some CFB discussion on this board, that is all.

Same for me. I'm not ready to get kicked off of this board quite yet :wink:

For the record, UGA does have a tough schedule this year, sans the division II schools. However, I don't think schedule toughness is part of the evaluating factor for preseason ranking. I could be wrong.

I think you're probably right. I don't know enough about the process for coming up with preseason rankings, so I'm not sure I should comment.

Five Alabama football players are riding in a car.

Question- Who's driving?

Answer- The Police

I love it!!!!!!!! WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wow! This is too wrong! The fairy wings are just too much!

---------- Post added August 28th, 2013 at 01:46 PM ----------

You aren't a true football fan until you have a tank in your team's colors. Roll Tide!! :D

View attachment 164051

Aside from the colors, it's pretty cool. Orange with the "AU" would be better. But they all clash with that darn nitrox sticker. And my pink.

---------- Post added August 28th, 2013 at 01:51 PM ----------

So happy it's about the be the most wonderful time of the year!!! However, this year is going to be extremely bittersweet. My daddy, who went to Auburn and was a lifelong AU fan, died very unexpectedly in April. First football season without him. We would all be on the phone and blowing up FB with calls and posts. His "WAR EAGLEs" after a win (especially Bammer) are going to be terribly missed. He got a kick out of the stuff we posted here that I'd tell him about.

So, Daddy, this one's for you.....WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, Daddy, this one's for you.....WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know, I'll post it once for him as well: WAR DAMN EAGLE! Not as many exclamation marks, but that's only because I'm a Gator!

Not if I can help it. USC's colors are too close to FSU's:D
But dude, Miami? Halcyon usually stands for integrity and quality? The only good thing connected to Miami are thee Keys. :D :D :D

You know, I'll post it once for him as well: WAR DAMN EAGLE! Not as many exclamation marks, but that's only because I'm a Gator!

But dude, Miami? Halcyon usually stands for integrity and quality? The only good thing connected to Miami are thee Keys. :D :D :D

Touche:D By the way, does Miami have enough non-convict players to field a team this year?

Back
Top Bottom