2012 SEC Football

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It appears that the Gators have some awesome recruits coming our way. I just them want to add two wins by this time next year! :D :D :D

How's Texas A&M looking? They worry me more than Bama.

It appears that the Gators have some awesome recruits coming our way. I just them want to add two wins by this time next year! :D :D :D

Haven't read much about A&M recruiting, but sports talk radio is all over the Heisman effect and the anticipated mega-bump they will get in recruiting.

If A&M is on our schedule next year, it would be a home game for us. Big boost!

I just hope the result is the same.

Not to jump ahead, but our schedule next year is a cake walk compared to this year:

2013 Florida Football Schedule
8/31 vs. Toledo
9/7 at Miami (Fla.)
BYE
9/21 vs. Tennessee
9/28 at Kentucky
10/5 vs. Arkansas
10/12 at LSU
10/19 at Missouri
BYE
11/2 vs. Georgia (Jax.)
11/9 vs. Vanderbilt
11/16 at South Carolina
11/23 vs. Georgia Southern
11/30 vs. Florida State

Georgia seems to be our toughest game on the schedule with SC right behind them. LSU is a concern and FSWho is always up for grabs. If we can get by those, we might be facing Texas A&M in the SEC Championship game next year. It's a big if, but I'm a big guy. :D :D :D

Agreed. Should be 5-0 going into the LSU game. Hope there's not a let down on the BYE week before UGA

You know, I bet Muschamp will use that time to really hone in on the Bulldogs' strategy. We were kinda humiliated this past year, and that's going to be a reminder going into that game.

I know that the biggest problem with our offense was youth and the fact that we played some of the stingiest defenses around. The FSWho game was a good turn around and I think it inspired some confidence. A great offensive effort in the Sugar Bowl would go a long way to giving us the confidence for next year. Hopefully, we'll get some good receivers and finally have an offense. Our wide receivers had only four receptions for 11 yards this past season. They've got to do better.

Last edited:
Sports DJs were brutal on Petrino last night i.e. back-stabbing, snake in the grass, blah, blah, blah. It's a good thing they did not have a voodoo doll of Petrino with them.

Sports DJs were brutal on Petrino last night i.e. back-stabbing, snake in the grass, blah, blah, blah. It's a good thing they did not have a voodoo doll of Petrino with them.

I found interesting that his buyout was 50% higher than his salary.

Meaning, the University wanted to make sure that he didn't come in and stay for 2 years and then jump back to a "name brand school".

Of course any "big name school" could easily pay the buyout if they wanted him. And he was going to have to "start somewhere" in order to get his foot back in the door. Just give him a few years. If he doesn't screw up, he'll be back at a big name college. In football people are forgiving of a lot if you're bringing them a winning season.

I wonder what ever happened to the girl on the motorcycle with him? She was engaged to someone else at the university when that happened. I hope he didn't stay with her.

I know she got fired from the University, but they settled a "package" to fire her. (like 60 or 90 days pay). Which I think is crazy, but it's prob included some exceptions like no interviews or book deals. (in order to keep the University name out of smut selling stories).

Back
Top Bottom