2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thats all well and good but lets hope that almost 6-6 (7-5) Gators step up to the plate and take out Penn State! The Gamecocks had better do the same against the Seminoles as well!

WOW the SEC is off to express it dominance with an 0-3 start in the bowl season!!!! Tomorrow we see if this is just an inflated SEC or if this is an SEC East problem!

WOW the SEC is off to express it dominance with an 0-3 start in the bowl season!!!! Tomorrow we see if this is just an inflated SEC or if this is an SEC East problem!

That does not amaze me quite so much as some of the other conference records (so far):

Big East 3-1 :confused:
Big Ten 2-0 :confused::confused:

I don't think this is a "EAST" thing...

Tenn hurt themselves at the end of that game. Hard to win in OT when you give 15 yards on half the places due to Personal Fouls.

I only saw the end of the Georiga game.... but they just couldn't pull off the 'hail mary' play in the end. both of these SEC teams should be much better this year, but I thought also that it didn't make the SEC look good for an opener in the bowl games.

to follow that up, Florida is getting beat by Penn State as I type this.

Mississippi State did well today though....

and Bama is 49-0 halfway through the 4th quarter.

A fantastic, action packed send-off for Urban Meyer by a very motivated Gator squad. Lot's of young talent displayed today which bodes well for their future. Go Gators!

:gators::gators::gators:

:gators:

SEC sweeps the Big 10

Yes Tenn and GA both gave their opponents as much as they could handle, as did South Carolina before falling apart. But still at the end of the season thats three losses that I think we should have won. The Big East has shocked me as well and the Big Ten is now falling nicely with three losses thus far and I hope another to TCU who at the half is up by one :D But it is still too early to say the SEC swept the Big Ten as my Hogs still have to face Ohio and as much as I hate to admit it the Hogs do have a horrible record in bowl games. Still it will almost be a home game for them so that will help. Lets just hope their defense shows up for this game and they can keep that newly found running game going as well. Then of course Kentucky still has to play so their is a strong possibility of two more losses. Come to think of it depending on what LSU team shows up there could be a loss in the We Lost to Arkansas Bowl, I mean the Cotton Bowl.

Oh and I am glad Florida finally decided to play in that game. I was about to pop a blood vessel when they kept playing cat and mouse with Penn State!

Almost forgot, SEC West is at 2-0 and SEC East is at 1-3. So it is further evidence IMO of a breakdown in the east this year. However, I do think Tenn will be much better next year as will GA. USC should continue to develop and improve under their fantastic old ball coach who should have a much easer prospect of getting recruits after this year. Florida will do fine although I would not be surprised if they falter a bit next year as the new coaching staff establishes itself.

On the west Auburn should be good but not Cam good, Miss State is starting to establish itself and Ol Miss should step up, although not to contend for the West Championships. Arkansas should be as good or better next year and I think the same goes for Bama. LSU I think will be about the same, dangerious but not the West Champs either.

South Carolina had one of the best year's in years. They went to the SEC Championship, which was kinda a fluke because Florida was having an off year.

They beat Bama, and could have beaten Auburn (as Auburn was still trying to figure out how to best 'run' Cam) and Auburns defense was weak and their offensive line was not blocking well. How they lost to Kentucky I don't know... but Kentucky gets lucky every now and then.

Garcia (QB) is a junior and unlikely to go NFL and Lattimore (RB) is a freshman. So they might do decent. Garcia has screwed the pooch a few times though only to have Spurrier remove him from the game.

With Georgia and UT strengthening next year, I don't think the Gamecocks will have it as easy as they did this year.... and with Will Musschamp coming to Florida, they are still a wildcard, although long term, he should be successful.

In the SEC West, the question will be if players like Ingram, Julio Jones, and Cam Newton will go into the draft. If Cam stays, Auburn will Rock-n-Roll! but, if Cam goes NFL, Auburn will drop like a rock....

So it is further evidence IMO of a breakdown in the east this year.
I disagree. UCF is a sleeping giant that is now awakening. I believe it's the second largest school in the nation and placed second in it's league (Conference USA- East). Georgia was the whipping boy for the SEC, and as bad as the Gators did this year, we STILL thrashed them thar Dawgs.

As for Spurrier, FSU has always been a thorn in his side. As much as I would have loved to have an SEC win, I was rooting for the Noles! It's kind of ironic for him to be humbled yet once more by this perennial Florida rival.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom