2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

155318_468841864982_651964982_5676234_145896_n.jpg

When do they take home the BCS SEC Invitational? I want to watch that game and root for Auburn! I must admit that they were not on my radar at the beginning of the season. Kudos again!

When do they take home the BCS SEC Invitational?

I got a good laugh when I read that "BCS invitational". Why? because I made the comment to some others a while back that whoever wins the SEC Championship, at least in recent years, is typically in the BCS title game.

I want to watch that game and root for Auburn!

:thumb: kudo's for supporting a fellow SEC team. :thumb:

I must admit that they were not on my radar at the beginning of the season. Kudos again!

I agree. I was offered Auburn season tickets this year and though about buying some.... but did not.

I just didn't think they were going to have that great of a season.

Of course it was pretty hard to get a ticket after the first couple games.

Report: Vandy picks AU’s Malzahn
From wire reports

NASHVILLE — Vanderbilt vice chancellor David Williams says the Commodores expect to announce their new football coach within the next day or so, and the Washington Post is reporting that the school is expected to introduce Auburn assistant coach Gus Malzahn as early as today.

Williams declined to comment when asked Sunday if Vanderbilt has offered the job to anyone, and a CBSSports.com report said the Malzahn announcement was premature.

The Commodores have been searching for a new coach since Robbie Caldwell resigned Nov. 27, and they wanted to announce the new coach before students leave for their winter break later this week.

In 2005, Malzahn was finishing up a state championship season at Springdale (Ark.) High.

He has spent the five seasons since as offensive coordinator at Arkansas (2006), Tulsa (2007-08) and Auburn (2009-10).

Copyright 2010 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Muschamp’s 1st task at Florida: hire a play-caller
By Mark Long
Associated Press

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Given his background as a defensive coach and relentless recruiter, Will Muschamp’s most important hire at Florida will be on the other side of the ball.

It’s the position Florida fans have been grumbling about all season.

There’s little chance Muschamp retains offensive coordinator Steve Addazio, whose unit ranks 79th in the nation in total offense and has received constant criticism all season.

“It has to be fixed,” said outgoing coach Urban Meyer, who resigned Wednesday for the second time in less than a year. “It’s broke a little bit right now.”

The problems have become evident. Quarterback John Brantley looked like a misfit in the spread offense, struggling to read defenses, missing open receivers and holding the ball too long. And with running back Jeff Demps injured most of the year, and backups Emmanuel Moody and Mike Gillislee unprepared to pick up the slack, the Gators were left without many options.

Florida experimented with tight end Jordan Reed and versatile H-back Trey Burton at quarterback, but neither proved to be a long-term solution.

The Gators also were plagued by turnovers, dropped passes, sacks, missed field goals and poor execution in the red zone. All the issues resulted in some of the program’s worst offensive games since before Steve Spurrier took over in 1990.

The season opener, a 34-12 win over Miami (Ohio), set the tone. The Gators had bad snaps, drops and just 212 yards of offense. Things got worse, too.

Florida was blown out by Alabama, South Carolina and Florida State. After the last loss, Meyer declared the start of a rebuilding project.

Whoever Muschamp hires will have some work to do, but there’s talent. The Gators have several starters returning and a public commitment from the country’s top-rated quarterback, Jeff Driskel.

“I can assure you we’re going to rebuild this thing and build it up the right way and do it right,” Meyer said before his resignation. “Obviously, we’re down a little bit. I didn’t believe we’d be that far down, but we are. So how do you build up a program? I’ve done it a few times and you build it up with tough players and tough coaches.”

Malzahn turns down Vandy...I guess he is about to become the highest paid OC in the country...

Auburn's Gus Malzahn turns down Vanderbilt | al.com

I don't blame him for not taking it. But $3 million a year would have been hard to turn down. But I guess he figured he wouldn't be happy there....

He's got a lot more potential than Vandy anyway. He just won the Broyles Award, which is pretty impressive considering that 5 years ago he was a High School coach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom