2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

speaking of Urban Meyer....

na na na na... nan na nan na.... Good bye....

Florida football coach Meyer resigns
Posted: Dec 08, 2010 1:47 PM CST Updated: Dec 08, 2010 1:47 PM CST
Source: nflmocks.com Source: nflmocks.com
Click image to enlarge

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Florida football coach Urban Meyer is stepping down after the Gators appearance in the Outback Bowl.

Meyer led Florida to two national titles but began to show the strain of his high-profile job last season when he briefly quit but then returned to the team.

In a statement released by the university Wednesday, Meyer says "it is time to put my focus on my family and life away from the field."

He says the decision to resign was "a difficult one."

As great as he was, the decision to standby his OC (Steve Addasio) revealed burnout in a major way.

Any early guesses on his replacement?

As great as he was, the decision to standby his OC (Steve Addasio) revealed burnout in a major way.

Any early guesses on his replacement?

My guesses in no particular order

Chris Petersen
Bobby Petrino
Chip Kelly
Dan Mullen
Charlie Strong

Cam Newton could be a player/coach at UF...:)

Doesn't pay enough.... :D

My guesses in no particular order

Chris Petersen
Bobby Petrino
Chip Kelly
Dan Mullen
Charlie Strong

Mullen would be a good choice in the eyes of Florida Alums since he was there as offensive coordinator.

rumors are he's also looking at going to Miami. I'm sure he'd rather stay in the SEC. He's got more chances at having a championship scene at Florida than in the state of Mississippi.

Doug Dickey? Steve Spurrier?

Gene Chizik? (he played at Florida and still has ties there).

I wonder if Spurrier would go back? I don't think so. maybe he will. I'm betting that he'll retire while at SC. he like that green jacket from that nearby golf course.

Spurrier? You guys in the eggnog? :idk: Too old for that demanding job. I tell you what UM really did not like was all the booster club crap. Send an assistant for that stuff. Why burnout a coach criss-crossing the state for such purposes?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom