2010 SEC Football Discussion Thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well as much as I would love to see ANOTHER SEC team play for the national Championship again this year (if they did the would most likely win again) I just don't see it happening. While Alabama SHOULD be the SEC champion again this year I do not think ANY team in the SEC will escape this season with less than two losses and there is no way that the BCS will allow a two loss SEC team to play for the championship when there will most likely be one and no loss teams that could fill that slot. The important thing though is that Arkansas should come in Second in the West behind Alabama and they should destroy Texas A&M again in the second SWC Classic!!! GO HOGS!!!!!!! Ah then they should follow that up with winning the Battle of the Boot in their last game of the season :wink:

No way Bama loses twice...

No way Bama loses twice...

I don't think they'll lose twice either.

However, they barely won two games last year that they clearly weren't prepared for....

No one expected Lane Kiffing to come in and almost beat Bama. If it wasn't for two blocked kicks, UT would have won.

Same for Auburn. Bama had won all year long and thought it was going to be a cake walk. Auburn came in and surprised them. I think in the long run it helped "awaken them" that they needed to be ready for the SEC Championship as in 2008 they walked into it thinking they were tough and Florida walked all over them. However this year it was the opposite. Bama was prepared and Florida wasn't.

Maybe not but consider this. Alabama has to play what is possably a vastly improved, yet underrated Arkansas this year. While they should beat Arkansas it could be a lot closer than people expect. Then when you consider that Arkansas (in my opinion the second best team in the West behind Alabama this year) plays Alabama at home... well lets just say things can happen.

Next up is Florida at Bama, again Bama SHOULD win, but if they come into that game with injuries and Florida, who is rebuilding comes in fired up from last year, well we could see another one of those great SEC battles.

Ol' Miss is on Bama's schedule and that program has bloomed under Houston Nut. Yes they should loose to Bama but again they will be a tough team and that leads to injuries.

If Bama escapes the first part of their season without picking up a loss (I think they will pick up one in that stretch) then they come back after their bi-week to face a tough and talented LSU. Their last game of course is against Auburn, who is also looking tough this year. Even if they were not Auburn Bama games do not matter on how good each team is, they are always a war and either team can walk away with the victory.

The point is this. Singly Bama is the best team in the SEC and all of NCAA. However, the SEC is the toughest conference out there and the constant battering will take its toll on all teams. That being said pass the beer, fire up the wings, and turn on the tv for some great SEC action!

It's going to be an interesting season for us VOL fans! :idk:

Irish, the Vols may be down this year but like many teams in the SEC they will not be down for long.

NetDoc, that last post was for you :wink: But hey without Tebow and crew I have to wonder how strong FL will be. At any rate I think SEC East is weaker this year with the talent swinging back to the West.

Irish, the Vols may be down this year but like many teams in the SEC they will not be down for long.

NetDoc, that last post was for you :wink: But hey without Tebow and crew I have to wonder how strong FL will be. At any rate I think SEC East is weaker this year with the talent swinging back to the West.

Which makes your prediction of UGA over Bama all the more perplexing. Now worries, we like smack talk here....:)

Which makes your prediction of UGA over Bama all the more perplexing. Now worries, we like smack talk here....:)
Yeah, no doubt about that. Check out last year's thread! :D
Now that had a TON of smack!

The VOLS will not be contenders this year, but I always root for them. :dork2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom