2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yeah.....251, down 9 from last check in. oh crap gotta go get ready for work.

dw

Kathy - I used to live in the Yucatan and loved swimming in the cenotes. There is an awesome cenote called Dzitnup just outside of Valladolid. If you get a chance, try to go. It is really an amazing place. Can't dive but you can swim there.

Friday 6/11 - swimming laps with the float. 3/4 miles, 35 minutes. Good times. Good times.

Thanks sarita, i'll take a look around :). Tried to catch a leg workout a few days back, but the muscles were quite sore from all these steep stairs in doubles :). Did a nice 1.5 mile jog instead. Plenty morestairs and kicking yesterday. Today probably a stroll around the ruins and back to the gym :)

Monday 6/14 - Swimming laps - 1.0 miles in approximately 48 minutes. Not too shabby given that I am still having to use the float, so no kicking. I can definitely feel my stroke improving. Hopefully my kick isn't atrocious when I get to start kicking again!

Tuesday 6/15 - Cycling class. 55 minutes of seating cycling + 5 minutes of cool down and stretching. Approximately 550 calories.

It's been a while since I've been able to run. I really need to get some serious miles under my feet, but have been so busy with stuff that getting an hour in to run has been tough.
So today, finally, I was able to run. I took the pups to the park and started my rounds. I intended to do 4 miles/1 hr or thereabouts. I know, not very fast, but am working on time not distance. After 2 miles I took off my shoes. Walked a little ways, then started running. Slow, easy, working on form. I could feel my blood pressure drop, my breathing less labored, me relaxing. Watching for BSS and rocks, I enjoyed the parts under the tress with the leaves. I looked at my watch. 20 min. Just go for it. Finish it barefoot. I finally relaxed and picked up the pace a little. If I stopped to throw a pup a ball, restarting was easy. With shoes, it knocked me off stride and took a while to readjust. hmm.. Ok, I love the barefoot running.
Finished up at 1 hr., 4.29 miles. Whoo hoo! Came home and jumped in the pool. Life is good.

That's awesome Jenny!
I have been here and swimming. Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday I swam. Friday I went to the doctor and got the news that I have another 4 weeks in this stupid foot shoe and will not be able to get back into running, walking, cycling - anything but swimming, until she officially clears me. Sucks. Oh well. At least it is only 4 more weeks.....

Sucks big time... drinking rum should help pass the time though! :D

Yesterday was the Kayak Against Cancer paddle with the local kayak/diving club, Kayuba. This was their 10 yr anniversary and my first time participating. Ok, I thought I was a little fitter than I am and could only do the 6 mile intermediate course. Next year, I plan on doing the whole 12 miles. My hands went numb almost right away. Then shortly after the 1/2 way point my shoulder started hurting. That's when I decided I'm not going for the 12! My hands did regain their feeling, thank God.
Afterwards there was a party and when I finally got home I had a splitting headache. Probably from the sun, the good workout, not drinking enough water, too much beer afterwards, fried food and sweating for so many hours. Slept almost 11 hrs!!!
I was gonna go diving this morning, but decided to chill out instead. But now, I may go running on the beach this afternoon. Haven't done that yet. Should be fun. Just a couple miles..

Jenny: Sounds great! Well, all but the hands going numb part! Where were you kayaking? In the ocean?? And yum - fried food!!! Have a great time on the beach. I am sooo envious!

The running plans at the beach didn't work out. By the time they called me, they were already on their way, and the thought of going to the beach, paying the parking meter, and driving home all sweaty, just to run by myself didn't sound like much fun. So I ran my 2 mile course around the neighborhood-Twice! Then threw off those nasty shoes and walked the pups a half mile barefoot. Jumped in the pool, which was warm, but it felt good.. especially with the cold beer in my hand. Life is good. Lavender epsom salt bath and now chocolate covered strawberries for late dinner. :wink:

Workout tonight was 40 min. "hard" on the wii Sports Active. I think it wasn't as tough as the 30 min workout! Then I went to the park with the patient pups and walked barefoot for an hour. Good stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom