2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sweet that you were able to dive Jenny. I have done a few "solo part of a group" dives and at times I find it a bit unnerving. That being said, our water clarity is not that of Florida and we have kelp - so visibility can be really limited.

Tuesday 6/8/10 - Cycling class this morning. Tonight - resting although there is a bit of tidying around the house that needs to be done as my husband can be less-tidy-than-I-would-prefer. :) Alas. :) Tomorrow - swimming in the morning. Looking forward to it.

Wednesday 6/9/10 - Swam laps this morning - 45 minutes. Almost a mile with the swim float (so using just arms). I was hoping to do a mile, but my arms and shoulders were aching a bit so I decided it wiser to stop.

I've found every excuse to not exercise while in the motel this week. After catching up on my sleep last night, I felt pretty good today after class, so I watched the Pavel Kettlebell DVD and did some KB exercises.

Loosened shoulders by rotating a kettlebell around my head in both directions a few times.

35# 2-hand KB Swing x 10 x 5 with 1 minute rest between sets

35# 1-handed KB Swing x 10/side x 2 with 1 minute rest between sets

Practiced KB Cleans. #35 x 5/side x 2

35# KB Press x 5/side x 3

35# KB Windmills x 3/side

Yoga last night was delightful as always. I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to do the shoulder stand unassisted !!! I was even able to hold it the couple minutes, though the plow position is still a goal.

Today I decided to do a long slow run in my sneakers. I grabbed the pups and took off around the neighborhood for a 3 mile run, concentrating on form that will enhance my barefoot running. I thought I was going to quit early on, but pushed through the heat and ended strong. Only quit running for about 50 yards in the middle of the run to give the dogs time to do doggie things. Looked at the pedometer when I finished and was disappointed to see it is only 2 miles! DRAT! DRAT! DRAT!
But, it being hot out, I took advantage of the extra few minutes I had and jumped in the pool and continued my workout, circling the pool, creating a whirlpool, then changing directions. Good workout. Feel good.

I took 2 days off from Cage Fitness this week because I had my kids graduations. One on Monday and one on Tuesday so tonight I really was off my game and felt out of energy after 2 rounds. I pushed through and did all five rounds but my effort wasn't what I wanted it to be.

How easy it is to loose focus! :shakehead: Tomorrow will be different I hope.

I was wondering what goals everybody had set for themselves? I believe specific goals are important in weight loss programs.

To date: normal BP 120/82, cholesterol 74, normal blood suger 70-110, 260lbs, but I haven't had much luck with the ugly thing.

Thanks for listening, DW

Congrats on the weight loss and your post made me laugh after a bad workout I needed a laugh too.

My goals are to get rid of another 20# in the next 2 months and keep them off specially off of my gut. And to not get winded when I wrestle with my kids.

Kathy have fun in Mexico. Sounds very cool!

Hi from the magical mexican rivera. Wow am I falling head over heals for this cenote cavern diving. Clear, still dark water is unbelievably mesmorizing! And these cenotes are so captivating!

A very cool added bonus is there is a decent gym here! Believe it or not great diving with the gue cave instructors AND awesome iron pumping sessions! Who could ask for more? Been here since June 5th and already hit the gym 3 times! Will try to catch a swim in one of these delightful cenote ponds tomorrow.

Very excited to volunteer on an exploration project next week. My guess is there will be lots of lifting & diving. But no clue... stay tuned! :D

Kathy - I used to live in the Yucatan and loved swimming in the cenotes. There is an awesome cenote called Dzitnup just outside of Valladolid. If you get a chance, try to go. It is really an amazing place. Can't dive but you can swim there.

Friday 6/11 - swimming laps with the float. 3/4 miles, 35 minutes. Good times. Good times.

Diving tomorrow! Whoo hoo.. 1 tank boat dive, and hopefully a couple shore dives...whoo hooo!

Diving tomorrow! Whoo hoo.. 1 tank boat dive, and hopefully a couple shore dives...whoo hooo!

Have fun... bring me a shark tooth!

Back
Top Bottom