2010 Fitness Exercise Challenge!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Managed to get in 1.5 miles of mostly jogging barefoot. Always feel the best toward the end. Takes me a mile just to get going. But then towards the end, my feet had enough and it was best I quit while the quittings good! LOL
Jumped in the pool afterwards for a 20 min leisurely swim.

Managed to get in 1.5 miles of mostly jogging barefoot. Always feel the best toward the end. Takes me a mile just to get going. But then towards the end, my feet had enough and it was best I quit while the quittings good! LOL
Jumped in the pool afterwards for a 20 min leisurely swim.

NICE!!! I have the same issue with running. The first mile or two are the worst. After that, the body is limbered up and ready to just keep going. :)

And it feels so good when I get moving! I love having to relax while running which is what barefoot running accomplishes. If I am tense, I hit the ground harder and it hurts more. Also as my yoga teacher would say "engage the body" really helps. I suck my gut in, square my shoulders yet be relaxed. Easy to say, hard to remember to constantly do.

So far this new house is paying off.... been too busy to "exercise", but staying extremely busy doing stuff and have lost 7 lbs in about 2 weeks. Not sitting around munching as much as I normally do.

that's great bob! :)

Thursday PM - Pilates class. Relaxing.
Friday PM - Swimming laps with the float (45 minutes) 3/4 mile.
Saturday - Unsure still!

Saturday - Went with hubby to watch him hang gliding. So my day consisted of laying around in a field. Not too shabby.

Sunday - Swam laps - 3/4 miles, 42 minutes.

Life is good when you can lay around in a field. Fun.
Mom and Dad have been here since last week. Done some kayak paddling, easy, easy. Then the next day I did a kayak dive. Used my VFFs for dive booties! They worked fine, a little rubbing but nothing worse than the booties.

Oh my it's been a while since my last post. Hi Bob, Sarita, Jenny - good to hear you are still at it!

Certainly I've been exercising but maybe not as much throught finals & feel it a little. Did a really nice 7 mile hike last week and a nice several mile jog on a 900 mile roadtrip, been doing tons of diving.

Dove all weekend and hit the gym tonight for 30 minute cardio & an hour of pumpin' weights, chest, shoulder, tri.

Off to Mexico this Friday to dive the Cenotes - I can't wait!!

Awesome Brian! I would love to do a 29 min 5K!!!! And the 100km bike ride is a goal I would like to do some day.

Kathy have fun in Mexico. Sounds very cool!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom