2006 PPD Snap Elections - yes, we're doing this one again...

Isa PA! What do we name the experimental forum this time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
some lobbying on the name:

i would (IMHO) suggest that on voting for a name that would be used, may it be a name that promotes, connotes, projects an image of positive recognition.

pasaway refers to a negative trait and maybe some other names may be better for PROMOTING the friendly group that we really are.

so if the referendum would be made again for a revision of electoral selections that bear a more positive promotion .

I HEREBY REQUEST THAT NEGATIVE CONNOTATION WORDS BE STICKER FROM THE LIST NAMELY

SISID
PASAWAY

for the following reasons;

sisd : though refers literally to the act of diving it has a sexual connotation of diving to two feet.

PASAWAY : open to interpretation

On the reason given above i submit my motion.
allow me to advocate for satan:

sisid: although it does have innuendo there is no other term for "diving" in the local context (hence its use in sexual innuendo)... the only other option is "lubog" w/c means "sink" and semantically is not as pleasant as "sisid"

pasaway: although originally a negative sentiment has become accepted in local vernacular to include a semblance of endearment. this is evident by our calling each other pasaway and, more so, our admittance of being "pasaway"... basically the same way something can be "wicked" in a positive way or "phat"

negativity: can be taken with a large grain of salt depending on its cultural contextual use - there are the "new england lobster divahs" that can be interpreted as:
"die-vahs" - a play on "divers"
"dee-vas" - could be a small play on being primadona-esque or like divas

same way with "orca bait"... who would like to equate a scuba diver with being a killer whale's meal?

my lobby: in a cultural context "pasaway" is applicable to the group as this is an opt-in local-language subforum that will cater primarily (approx 99%) to a filipino audience that will understand the novelty of "barangay pasaway" w/c literally means: "a small community of pasaways"

"bahay kubo" (w/ all due respect and credit to the suggestor) although quaint and very filipino in context says and speaks nothing semiotically in the context of this board... if added to (e.g. bahay kubo ni kuya) it gains some personality, but in its current manifestation it does not

Jag

Comelec just revoked an option!!!

so can we have those who voted on " (Vetoed - No longer an option)"

vote again on the remaining selection!!!!

paolov:

comelec did what??!!?!? maybe it's time for a phone call! hahahahaha

Jag

paolov:

I can't reset their vote, so if:
El Orans, scubagun, sneakyc76
want to vote again can they just do so by posting their vote in the thread? (ya know....postal voting - just like a real election!!! :D)

(I have PM'd them)

edit: I have just cleared their votes on the poll and their names have disappeared - maybe they can vote again normally now, I'm not sure. If you can guys - fine. If not - please use the 'postal' procedures outlined above)

paolov:
Who is 'Comelec'? If you're going to call me names please use ones I understand (so I can decide whether I have to sulk or not)

COmelec- commission on elections

So you would be Commissioner Kim...
Take note that commissioners (election) here nowadays are in a bad light

moonlighting:
COmelec- commission on elections

So you would be Commissioner Kim...
Take note that commissioners (election) here nowadays are in a bad light
So should I be sulking now?

Maybe you should just think of me as an 'International Observer' - (designed to ensure a free and fair election!)

(if anyone needs my info for payment of bribes please PM me for details! :14: )

Back
Top Bottom