2006 PPD Snap Elections - yes, we're doing this one again...

Isa PA! What do we name the experimental forum this time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
hehehehe

shouldn't the voters be registered first at Introduce yourself - Get to know the PPD thread before being allowed to vote? like voters registration :D

ay correct...Kim: pls introduce yourself hehehehe

@kim: btw, thanks for the kanji thing...i had a good laugh last night using it...i had no idea what i was doing :D

some lobbying on the name:

i would (IMHO) suggest that on voting for a name that would be used, may it be a name that promotes, connotes, projects an image of positive recognition.

pasaway refers to a negative trait and maybe some other names may be better for PROMOTING the friendly group that we really are.

so if the referendum would be made again for a revision of electoral selections that bear a more positive promotion .

I HEREBY REQUEST THAT NEGATIVE CONNOTATION WORDS BE STICKER FROM THE LIST NAMELY

SISID
PASAWAY

for the following reasons;

sisd : though refers literally to the act of diving it has a sexual connotation of diving to two feet.

PASAWAY : open to interpretation

On the reason given above i submit my motion.

paolov:
some lobbying on the name:

i would (IMHO) suggest that on voting for a name that would be used, may it be a name that promotes, connotes, projects an image of positive recognition.

pasaway refers to a negative trait and maybe some other names may be better for PROMOTING the friendly group that we really are.
too late now don't you think? We use pasaway affectionately too..

Why don't you cast your vote na instead of commenting pa? The campaign period is over:D .

PASAWAY

for the following reasons;

sisid : though refers literally to the act of diving it has a sexual connotation of diving to to feet.
PASAWAY : open to interpretation

On the reason given above i submit my motion.[/QUOTE]

Really? Now I know, and now you've just polluted a virgin's mind...:07:

I like Pasaway, but i'm voting Bahay Kubo, for the benefit of non-divers.

paolov:
sisid : though refers literally to the act of diving it has a sexual connotation of diving to to feet.
If this is true and the sexual connotation is a generally accepted part of the meaning then I'm afraid it will have to be vetoed and removed from the Poll. Any name that is chosen will have to conform to the SB TOS. (sexual innuendo is against the TOS)
What you want to do about 'pasaway' is completely your decision though. I don't know how 'pasaway' is generally seen by Tagalog speakers, but at least as I've seen it used on SB it appears to to be friendly and affectionate. I was even considering changing the title under my name to include 'pasaway' in a new (yet to be thought of) title!

ok ok ok i voted already...... i'll take the PPD affectionate stance, it has more meaning to the regulars of the Board.

CLA:
Jag, could you kindly explain what this experimental forum is for? Haven't had time to read the new threads lately. Will it be a subforum under the ppd forum?

Thanks

Cathy
well, there was a whole thread nga on it ("hoy mga pasaway") but the short of it is: it's an experimental subforum under the PPD that's being piloted for use on other regional fora

basically it allows more freedom of expression (ie tagalog) and slightly less control in terms of moderation - the trade off is that it's an opt-in forum, w/c means that people who go in understand that they may not understand what's going on inside (due to language or what not)

i hope this sums it up somewhat... if you're up to reading the pasaway thread, look for headhunter's 1st posting and the middle ones of kim

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom