2006 North Coast Camp & Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, almost 5 of us made the Gerstle Cove dive on Sunday, with my attempt.
I have to hand it to you North Coast Divers, you all are HARD CORE!
I found that I don't think I have what it takes to be a nor cal diver, though the partying was fun. I think I am going to keep my scuba attempts for awhile to boat dives, that rocky coast without sand is a real challenge. You gotta really love to dive.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Everyone was sooooooo nice! Food was great!
Ishi played the guitar around the fire for us Saturday night. Kids had a great time. My son came up to me on Sunday when we were down at the boat ramp with a 5 inch squid in his hands, perfect little squid, unfortunately dead, asking me if I want to touch it. Some kid had caught two of them and gave one to my son.
Eww...
Trip was certainly worthwhile, thank you Eric for organizing it.

It was great that you could make it and at least hang out by the fire and have some good times.
Maybe it was better that we did miss that night dive in Gerstle the night before.
Slipping and falling on those rocks in the dark could have been a recipe for a broken bum.
See you in Monterey sometime.
Take care.

ZKY

scubajunkee:
Damnit Jim....that's some nice looking pics. How was the vis? We only got 6-10 ft on saturday at Gerstle--all of my pics turned out green. :(

-Ericson
thank you, the vis was still only maybe 10 feet, and green!!! guess you just need a REAL photographer behind your camera!!! ROFL:mooner: :mooner: just joking with you buddy!!!

pacificgal:
Well, almost 5 of us made the Gerstle Cove dive on Sunday, with my attempt.
I have to hand it to you North Coast Divers, you all are HARD CORE!
I found that I don't think I have what it takes to be a nor cal diver, though the partying was fun. I think I am going to keep my scuba attempts for awhile to boat dives, that rocky coast without sand is a real challenge. You gotta really love to dive.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone. Everyone was sooooooo nice! Food was great!
Ishi played the guitar around the fire for us Saturday night. Kids had a great time. My son came up to me on Sunday when we were down at the boat ramp with a 5 inch squid in his hands, perfect little squid, unfortunately dead, asking me if I want to touch it. Some kid had caught two of them and gave one to my son.
Eww...
Trip was certainly worthwhile, thank you Eric for organizing it.

Oh My gosh...I had such an awesome time!! The boys did, too, although the 15 year old won't admit it. :lol: It5 was so cool to meet everyone.

Eric, thank you for the organizing and food...YUMMY!!!!

Jim, Brian, Ishie, and Christie, it was great diving with you all. I was so amazed at how us women folk were able to get more bottom time with less air then you big buff guys, but, I guess that is how God intended it to be..hee hee:blinking:

PacificGal, I have your son's sandals and shark's cap. PM me your address and I will send it to you, k?

Dannobe...I am SOOOOOOO very sorry I didn't make it up there in time to see and dive with you. I feel terrible :031: :bawling: :sad: :redface: I hope you are still coming down this way. I promise to make it worth your wild:wink:

I am soooooo looking forward to the so coast meet in October (just don't make it for Oct 7 - 14th, 'cuz I am going to Roatan)

See ya all in the water!

When/where is the Soc Cal meet? Anyone have any plans for going down there yet?

No worries Laurel, you can make it up to me next time :blinking:

I did bring some climbing gear for the kids to play with, but us big people were hanging around the trees instead. Next time I'll bring more gear and set up a zip line somewhere. THAT should be fun.

scubalaurel:
Oh My gosh...I had such an awesome time!! The boys did, too, although the 15 year old won't admit it. :lol: It5 was so cool to meet everyone.

Eric, thank you for the organizing and food...YUMMY!!!!

Jim, Brian, Ishie, and Christie, it was great diving with you all. I was so amazed at how us women folk were able to get more bottom time with less air then you big buff guys, but, I guess that is how God intended it to be..hee hee:blinking:

PacificGal, I have your son's sandals and shark's cap. PM me your address and I will send it to you, k?

Dannobe...I am SOOOOOOO very sorry I didn't make it up there in time to see and dive with you. I feel terrible :031: :bawling: :sad: :redface: I hope you are still coming down this way. I promise to make it worth your wild:wink:

I am soooooo looking forward to the so coast meet in October (just don't make it for Oct 7 - 14th, 'cuz I am going to Roatan)

See ya all in the water!

dannobee:
When/where is the Soc Cal meet? Anyone have any plans for going down there yet?

No worries Laurel, you can make it up to me next time :blinking:

I did bring some climbing gear for the kids to play with, but us big people were hanging around the trees instead. Next time I'll bring more gear and set up a zip line somewhere. THAT should be fun.

I beleive it is in Octob er somewhere in Malibu...the weekend of Lobster opener...

and...I promise to make it up to you :blinking:

scubalaurel:
I beleive it is in Octob er somewhere in Malibu...the weekend of Lobster opener...

and...I promise to make it up to you :blinking:
I hate to tell you this Laurel but it's the weekend of October 14 - 15.
We're thinking of maybe booking a day trip also on the Spectre on the 13th to Anacapa for anyone that can get friday off but I'll let Jonathan fill everyone in on that.

ZKY

Eric

ZKY:
I hate to tell you this Laurel but it's the weekend of October 14 - 15.
We're thinking of maybe booking a day trip also on the Spectre on the 13th to Anacapa for anyone that can get friday off but I'll let Jonathan fill everyone in on that.

ZKY

Eric

Well...let's see....Roatan or Malibu. :huh: ..have dove neither....warm clear water or cold greenish haze... Beautiful coral reefs or rocky kelp sandstone substrates...hmmm, hard decision to make :blinking:

Here's the details on the Spectre trip on Friday 10/13:

Anacapa/ Spectre Dive Boat
Time: 7:00am
$78 includes:
Lunch
Air fills -
3 Dives Boards at 7 am Departs at 8am

To book a online trip follow this link.
http://www.calboatdiving.com/tripplanner.asp
Toll Free 1-866-CAL-DIVE Or Call 805-486-4486
To view the islands click on this link.
http://www.calboatdiving.com/destinations.html

If you want to come down the night before, you can sleep on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom