2006 "Crab Grab"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah crap.

Its probably the busiest weekend for boat traffic through the channel. Afterall, the best seats are on the water, so everyone and their brother take boats into the Gulf.

I took the Miss Jellyfish out last year to dive the Gulf State Pier, had to ditch going back to through Perdido Pass after the dive and headed to West Beach Pass and had a friend pick me up to pick up my truck in Orange Beach.

Boat races are fun to watch though. Probably not nearly as much traffic on the shore wrecks since everyone will be at the point watching uberfast boats.

algulfdiver:
What about the weekend before that?

Aug 11, 12 have early afternoon tides. That should work. All in favor of changing the date, say Aye.

I'll second that Aye. (I might be able to come that alternate weekend!!!)

where is the "main event" going to be held? (diving and boil/eathing).

Folks will know where to start looking for places to stay.

The motion has been passed. The Official Official Dates are August 11-12 (boiling on Aug 12 in the later afternoon - say 4-ish.

I'm going to try to get a spot at the Gulf Shores State Park. I'll likely get a cabin there.

algulfdiver:
Sounds Good.
Is there going to be a entry fee? Prizes? Awards?

You do realize this is the Dixie Diver's forum? We don't go in for all of that high-falutin' stuff. Heck, at this rate there might only be 3 people diving and we'll have to injun-wrassle for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

If we can't get a spot at the State Park, we may have to set up in the parking lot by the pass to do the boiling.

Back
Top Bottom