2005 NCWD Trips

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

D

dwright

Just wanted to post what we have in the works in case anyone that doesn't frequent wreckmaniac.com is interested.

February 18-21 Ginnie Springs, Florida
March 19 Lake Rawlings, Va.
April 2-3 Trip to Morehead City. Diving the Indra, Aeolus and Spar - staying at Discovery Diving's bunkhouse.
April 23-24 Trip to Myrtle Beach to dive the City of Houston and other wrecks
May 7-8 Trip to Morehead City to dive the U-352 on the 63rd anniversary of her sinking
June 24-26 Trip to Nags Head to dive the Triangle Wrecks
October 9 (Sunday) NC wreckmaniac one year anniversary dive and BBQ.
October 16 DAN Treasure Hunt at Bluestone Quarry in Thomasville http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/events/index.asp?sort=detail&EventID=257
October 21-23, Lake Rawlings, VA, DUI Demo Days http://www.dui-online.com/dog_main_2005.html

Stay tuned for more trips in 2005.

There are still spots available for the Apr2 & 3 Trip. Dive one or both days.
There are 3 spots left for Sat Apr 2, and there are 7 spots left for Sun, Apr3.

And the 'City of Houston' trip Dale mentioned above is a 3 tank day. 2 on the 'City of Houston' and a 3rd on another site.

Jason

heh...forgot to put that one...thanks Jason

.....and don't forget to post the possibility of some of us attending Beneath The Sea in March, in case anyone is interested.

Also, the Lake Rawlings dive scheduled for March 19 which is the same weekend as BTS.

One more thing, I want to get my cavern cert sometime this spring/summer. So if anyone else is interested in doing that with me, let me know and I can plan that trip.

suthnbelle:
.....and don't forget to post the possibility of some of us attending Beneath The Sea in March, in case anyone is interested.

Also, the Lake Rawlings dive scheduled for March 19 which is the same weekend as BTS.

One more thing, I want to get my cavern cert sometime this spring/summer. So if anyone else is interested in doing that with me, let me know and I can plan that trip.

What's Beneath The Sea? I've missed that thread.

Thanks in advance,
Grier

Grier,

It is a large consumer SCUBA diving show in NJ. There never was a thread. I brought it up to a couple of people to see if anyone was interested in going. I'm still debating about it.

Here is their website: http://www.beneaththesea.org/

If you go to the bottom of the page under Attendee info you'll see the seminar link.

Mel

I have basic site information for the dive, still waiting for this season's pricing.

Site information is as follows

The City of Houston (2 dives Saturday, conditions permitting)
After leaving New York with a cargo of Christmas goods, this 290 foot passenger/freighter encountered a fierce storm and sank in 90 feet of water, 55 miles off the South Carolina coast. Extensive marine life and abundant artifacts make shipwreck well worth the trip.

The Governor (1 dive Saturday, conditions permitting)
This 200 foot Civil War paddle wheeler lies in 80 feet of water 22 miles off the coast. The site offers everything from brass artifacts to Southern stingrays and a multitude of other marine life.

The Hebe and St. Cathan (Hebe, 2 dives Sunday, conditions permitting)
Also known as the Twin Cities Wreck, the Hebe, a Dutch merchant vessel, and the British sub chaser St. Cathan collided during blackout conditions in 1942. They now rest 1/4 mile apart in 90-110 feet of water. This site is known for artifacts, tropical and game fish, as well as Sand Tiger sharks in the spring and fall. Best suited for experienced divers, this offshore site is known for its outstanding visibility.

Sounding good LindaBluedolphin. Look forward to divng!

Jason

When would everyone be interested in scheduling another dive up at Rawlings? Sometime late April or early May?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom