2" crotch strap

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lefemme36

Reaction score
Hello
I need a 2" crotch strap. Is it worth buying one or do I just pay $60 for a complete set of webbing?

Hello
I need a 2" crotch strap. Is it worth buying one or do I just pay $60 for a complete set of webbing?

LeisurePro sells the DivRite one for $17.00. Complete set of DR webbing is $27.00.

Thank you.
Is it the same as Halcyon to your knowledge?

Thank you.
Is it the same as Halcyon to your knowledge?

I've always been disinclined to examine, or stare at, other peoples crotch straps. I know it's OK for dogs and carny folk, but from PICTURES, the only difference seems to be that the DR has a sewn in scooter ring and the halcyon uses a tri-glide to hold it on. The DR one also comes with a neoprene "comfort" sleeve, but you don't have to use it (I don't). You can just make one out of two flat D-rings, two triglides, and a piece of webbing in what ever level of softness you desire.

The DR one is a first class piece. I have 2 of them and love them rubbing against my crotch!!! lol!

The DR one is a first class piece. I have 2 of them and love them rubbing against my crotch!!! lol!

Do you work in a carnival?

Just get a few feet of webbing, 2 keepers, and 0, 1, or 2 D rings depending on what you want. Typical would be a butt D ring but not a front one unless you're scootering. There's no law that says you have to have any D rings on the crotch strap. Scubatoys has some webbing that's fairly soft, better for the crotch strap than the real stiff webbing. Total cost, under $10. One of the guys there told me that the tan webbing they have is the softest so I bought that and it's perfect. I've also seen black webbing from ST that' pretty soft.

Just get a few feet of webbing, 2 keepers, and 0, 1, or 2 D rings depending on what you want. Typical would be a butt D ring but not a front one unless you're scootering. There's no law that says you have to have any D rings on the crotch strap. Scubatoys has some webbing that's fairly soft, better for the crotch strap than the real stiff webbing. Total cost, under $10. One of the guys there told me that the tan webbing they have is the softest so I bought that and it's perfect. I've also seen black webbing from ST that' pretty soft.

Re rings; if she wants it to look like a Halcyon................
I actually thought the rings were useless too, then one day I found myself using them both. I had a safety reel on the butt ring for practicing non-pre-rigged SMB deployment and a camera on the scooter ring for taking pictuers of a bottomless fissure. Both were completely out of the way and not "cluttering" at all.

Thank you for all the assistance (so far).

If you order the webbing make sure you order the soft kind. ST has some really hard stuff. I think any of the colored ones are soft. Their black one is wayyy too hard. They carry the soft in red, tan, greay, etc.

For the price and the hassle, get a pre made one. You won't be saving that much by doing it yourself and it will be much nicer to get the DR. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom