2 AL80 as doubles...cold water diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Double Catalina AL80's with a DUI TLS350 drysuit and 200g undergarment here in temperate SoCal Waters (10 to 19deg C range at depth over the year's four seasons) needed 8kgs/17lbs total of lead: 2.7kgs/6lbs Backplate; 1.8kgs/4lbs channel lead between the two cylinders; 2.25kbs/5lbs tailweight and a 1kg/2lbs trim weight in a waistbelt pocket.

I'm 70kgs/170cm (155lbs/5'-7").

In the tropics, for Luxfer s80 Double AL80's, all I use is a 1kg/2.2lbs Aluminium Backplate, with a 0.5mm full skinsuit. The cylinder bands are set a little lower to trim for horizontal hovering (i.e. Double Luxfer Tanks ride higher than my Catalina's in SoCal homewaters).

Last edited:
Living in the tropics, we almost always use twin AL80's. With my aluminium backplate, I have no need for additional weights. I am 5'10"/150 lbs. My wetsuit for twinset is using a 3mm with vest hoody.

Postscript - clearly I did not read the topic of the thread. My apologizes.

Last edited:
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom